Monday, May 17, 2010

Me and my gym kick!

Oh haven't you heard? Well, I joined a gym on Saturday. 70$ for a month the told me... rip off if you ask me, but I googled it and the avg price in Perth is more than that. I actually ended up paying $90 for a 'family' membership so I can drag David along when I feel less motivated. Even if I go every day, that's $3 every time I walk in the door! So I figured I better put this baby to good use.

After pigging out on Oreos last night, I figured today was the perfect day to start! I actually slept in my gym shirt, with my shorts on my bedside table for that little extra push. Just add sportsbra and footwear and I was out the door. I considered sitting in the car outside Bodyline for a while but there was someone coming out so I hauled my bum out of that car and into the gym, after struggling with the keycard and door for a good 3 minutes :D

There was only one other chick and what looked like her hubby/personal trainer in there so I went to the back room and hopped on the treadmill, then punched a boxing bag (I loooove the punching, feels good!), hopped on some machine that said it worked the gluteus (hehe) and even had a go at the rowing machine :) Honestly, it felt awesome and I know I burned 150 calories on the treadmill alone. I walked out of there an hour later feeling mighty fine about myself and here I am.

So day 1, off to a flying start with 1 hour at the gym! Take that thighs and booty! Yeah you will be rocking a mini skirt more in the next month :) Netball tomorrow night! Weeeee! And here was me thinking I hated exercise for the sake of exercise. How do you guys feel about it? Ever been to a gym? I know Belen inspired me to sign up - who else out there has a membership? My gym lacks hot guys so give me your stories!

8 comments:

maggeygrace said...

I have never been to a gym! It's starting to becoming a very, very pressing thought though because my fitness plan is coming to an abrupt close. I've played soccer my whole life so working out has never been something for me to really think about. Running 6 miles during games and doing yards after yards of sprints everyday at practice sort of had me covered.

BUT...I'm done with soccer for good..so now I'm thinking maybe I should start to hit the "gym". Having a designated time to go, I think, will be the most affective way!

Good luck to living in cold weather :). I live in the northern U.S. where we get 3 feet of snow in the summer and temperatures many degrees below freezing. Layers and scarves definitely do the trick! And pea coats!

Unknown said...

dude I worked out at 2am last night... burning off some guacamole/cheese enchiladas.

http://diyainherstilettos.blogspot.com/

thegirlhassparke said...

Oh good on you! Next week after my exams I am back on the gym bandwagon, i cant wait. I play netball twice a week too so that keeps me going.
I don't love the gym but if i have good music and push myself the time goes quickly.
I never use to like wine either so start with something sweet like a moscato, verdelho or sparkling then you can move on to sav blanc or chardonnay once you get use to it. Now I love wine (haha i sound like an alcoholic but i'm definitely not).
I also forgot to give you those sites I was talking about - here is the link:
http://blogchicks.com.au/top-100-australian-women-bloggers/
AND
http://www.nuffnang.com.au/
Did your giveaway come? I hope so, i sent it awhile ago now. xx

Unknown said...

Whoa look at you! :D You have much more motivation than I, the after-feeling is great isn't it, it's the leading up to it I can't stand. Gyms always make me feel so unwelcome. Still, good on you!

Aaaah it's so funny that you've done a sporting post, you'll soon see why..... have fun at netball lovey! JEALOUS o CLOCK!!

Claire @ Jazzpad

Jess said...

I will be joining the gym in the next couple of weeks. I haven't gone for over a year so I can't say I'm excited but I feel like it will be a good thing. I'm going to try your idea of sleeping in my gym shirt haha, maybe that will get me out of bed!

Sara said...

lol I love this post! You sounds so hyper! :)

I miss my gym, I don't have enough money to join one but in the summer it is too nce to be inside anyways. I think I need to walk more. Good thing I have Louie.

*ps-Guys in Royal Oak are always running around without shirts on :D

Belen said...

Aww, Ebony, I love you hun, and I genuinely mean it. I always get down in the dumps because I want immediate results when I know it takes time, and I only make myself feel bad. But it's you (and the many others of course) who keep my spirits high. Thank you love, and I'm so glad we're going to be doing this together now. :)

Sofie said...

I have a gym, but can't afford a membership yet.. So I try working out at home, but I'm sure you can guess how that ends up ;)
But the gym here doesn't really lack hot guys. But I hate working out in front of people, so...

xx Sophie

http://sophieneechan.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Everybody likes to be heard. I'm so happy you're taking the time to comment :) Make sure you leave a way for me to contact you back via email or blog! xox