Monday, May 10, 2010

Isn't love grand?

I watched Time Traveller's Wife last night with my David. I don't want to give anything away but man - that story is amazing. I cried so much at the end. Movies like that always make me appreciate the love I have in my life :) I think about what David and I have and even though I'm so young, I feel like he is the only guy I would go through that for. *sigh* You really must watch it if you haven't already.

The rest of my weekend was spent shopping in a floral dress and making that digital design into a real hold-in-your-hand card for Alex's 1st birthday! Here's the finished product :)


And here is the birthday boy and me sharing some cupcakes his amazing mum Lisa made... Ah babies. I can't wait till the day I have my own. I mean I wanna travel and have a career and all that first, but *sigh* I really can't wait to be a mummy.


I really would like to bake something this weekend; it's been too long. Thanks for all your comments on my bloggy makeover - it's still a work in progress but I think it's coming along nicely. I just sort of get stuck into the html when I have a few hours to spare coz it's damn confusing/annoying. If you want help I can totally link you up with the sites I'm using.

Hope you all have a fantastic week!

13 comments:

Sara said...

hey Ebs, you did an amazing job with that card! I love how creative you are. :)

I still have not seen the movie, but I have read the book and it made me bawl. I want to see this movie soo bad!

I need to email you, I feel like I haven't talked to you in ages. I really do love your blog, looks great and I love the colors.

Charis said...

Love the card Ebony, so weet. I haven't seen the movie but I LOVE the book... which is probably why I haven't watched the film yet... didn't want to be disappointed!

stephanieesstar said...

I liked the movie, but I LOVED the book! I definitely think you should pick it up if you haven't read it yet! It's different than the movie, but so engaging!

Vicki said...

That's a really cute card!
The Time Traveller's Wife is a beautiful story. I've read the book, and man was it ever good!

maggeygrace said...

Awww I love your blog :)

That movie is so goooood- I cried at the end too. Rachel McAdams is definitely one of my girl crushes :). She's so talented!

I love the card! AWW!

If you have any tips on making blogs fabulous.......they are definitely welcome on my end :). I still have no idea what I'm doing hahaha. I just plug in codes from a premade layout site. Sigh.

You and David are ADORABLE. You're cute!

Vicki said...

OH yeah! It was a great time! Bowling after was a great alternative to the camping everyone else did, esspecially since it snowed where I lived!

E said...

i love your new blog layout, its soo pretty!

heyfancypants.blogspot.com

Amanda said...

That card is amazing! Definitely beats all the cards I give people, ha!

Time Traveler's Wife made me cry like a baby in the theaters! Hehe, Gavin was giggling at me cause he didn't really like the movie all that much.

m. said...

haha. how come you're moving to perth?
do you know many people up here?


this is really lovely :)
x

Anonymous said...

Ah you are too sweet :) I hope I have something good happen too!

Ohhh well if you do cook up anything be sure to let me know how it went! I'm glad youre enjoying the recipes, sometimes it's nice to post about different things & I'm really enjoying experimenting with all of this food!

Take care gorgeous x

Unknown said...

You're making great progress with your layout! I can't wait to see the finished result :) I love that film too! such a heartbreaker. Have you read the book? If not, that is definitely something I would be sending you in our trans-continental package swap! :) ♥

http://jazz-pad.blogspot.com

Marie McGrath (The Joy of Fashion) said...

Aaaaww, I really want to watch that movie!! Oh, and your card came out so cute! I love it!

www.thejoyoffashion.blogspot.com

Taylor Sterling said...

You two are both adorable!

Post a Comment

Everybody likes to be heard. I'm so happy you're taking the time to comment :) Make sure you leave a way for me to contact you back via email or blog! xox