Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Fed up with gym times...

ALREADY? No! I was doing so well! Let's be honest here - it's supposed to get easier right? Well this morning I spent a good 5 minutes trying to get in the door (Dodgy card I bet) and was about to give up when it finally worked. THEN I made my way to the treadmill room and they were all full. I turned around like an idiot and walked away... I must have looked like the biggest tool. There was terrible AC/DC tunes on (motivating? um no) and I don't know how to use half the weighty things... so I'm just sick of it. Definitely dragging David's bum down there - maybe this avo before netball? I wish I had a gym buddy in this town. Unfortunately all the ladies in this town are, um, let's not go there. I'm sure they're lovely people - I'm just not their cup of tea it seems. So I've decided (with a little inspiration from Sara) that I need to make my own mixed cds to groove to... Stay tuned!

Now that I've vented, I wanted to share some awesome photos of David and I, but they were taken without a memory card in the camera so I need to find my cord to get them off and stuff knows where that is. So right now you get a photo of my outfit (totally the next best thing.)

That shirt was one of the first items I ever bought with my own money. We were in QLD at Pacific Fair and I had never heard of 'The Cassette Society' before but I thought this was the coolest thing. I totally forgot I had it until I started the spring cleaning a few weeks ago. It's funny because it fits me better now (it's kinda a tunic) than it did when I was 15 :D

Thanks for all your comments on my last post. David and I have been watching One Tree Hill since the weekend (something he claims to not enjoy but he totally brought the idea up Monday evening, hehe) so I haven't quite caught up yet, but I'm getting there - don't you worry :)

Listening to: 'It's Only Life' by Kate Voegele

12 comments:

maggeygrace said...

Aww- I hope the gym-ing works out ;)

I love that song by Kate Voegele!

I watched some one tree hill in bed sick today and my oh my am i realizing just how much I've missed it!

Hahaha :)

I love your top! It's cute that you've had it since 15 :)

Amanda said...

Aw, no AC/DC for you? I love them. I used to work at a gym, and I've always found that somewhere around the 3rd/4th week is the HARDEST time to be motivated, just push through it though lady. You can do it ;]

Unknown said...

Aaw I hope the person spurring me on to get out there and push some iron isn't faltering!! Come on, I know you can do it. Motivational music is the best, get some proper 'Eye of the tiger' style choonage in there and you'll be sprinting the 800m in no time :D

Lovely outfit, that skirt is beautiful! You've got the loveliest hair; I'm aiming for around that length but it just doesn't seem like it wants to grow!

♥ Claire @ Jazzpad

Alex said...

Oh I'm impressed you got in the gym - usually if I get put off by doors or something like that I get embarassed and give up and go home!!

Love your outfit, so casual and cute. If only I could fit into stuff that I wore at the age of 15 I'd be a happy woman!

Unknown said...

you looks cute in this t- shirt very nice , i dont like Gym

nice post

llymlrs said...

being motivated for the gym is so hard! i hate going there more than actually being there. the jounrney to the gym puts me off more!

Robyn said...

Don't even get me started on the Gym. I was getting crazy frustrated. Now I just go to a 1.5 hour hot yoga class on Fridays, and call it a week. I'm sore for the next 3 days, so I feel like I am getting as much in doing that as I was working out 4 days a week.

Sara said...

Ebs you have inspired me to workout, ( I even just gave my boss my twinkie) so don't give up!! Yes, take David, sometimes it is awesome to have someone there, it forces you to stay. Also, try going at different times of the day to change it up, then it won't feel like work. (er..maybe? Well, more sparatic might feel more fun)Don't give up lady! You are my inspiration :)

YOU look ADORABLE!!! I love that top and I think it is so cute that you kept it for so long, and in such great condition! And your hair looks lovely!!

Don't get down Ebs, you can do it!!!!


XOXOXOXOX
~Sara

**I can't wait to see this mix cd! :)

Leah Faye said...

I have found that the gym gets annoying for me. I would much rather be outside.
Also, my friend showed me the best way to eat oreos. You stick a fork part way into the cream in the center and then put the fork in the cup of milk. That way you don't get your fingers milky. That probably doesn't help much with the late night snacking.. haha

Gracie said...

Ugh bad gym experiences always leave me wanting to quit. But I say yes to making your own mixes. It will make time go faster and be more enjoyable for you!

Hehe yes to being friends :) The Secret Garden is the best.

Katie, thisloveblog.com said...

I feel you on the gym thing. We have one @ school here and every time I walk in I feel like there's no machines and if I use free-weights the guys look at me like "aww... that's so cute that she doesn't know how to do anything right". Ugh. I hate the gym.

Ali said...

that top is really cool, I have a lot of clothes that I've had since high school.

Post a Comment

Everybody likes to be heard. I'm so happy you're taking the time to comment :) Make sure you leave a way for me to contact you back via email or blog! xox