I hate being apart. And I hate being sick. I have zero motivation to do anything. Still have to go to work and it's just wearing me out more ya know? So there's no energy left to cook proper meals, or exercise or clean. My brain is so zapped I can't even comment on blogs... it's an effort to read them. And David's been away the past two days on a big celebratory bender with the boys... I totally understand and am not like "I want you home!"... I mean footy season is over so I will have him another 3 nights a week for the rest of the year, but I do want him home. It's no fun being sick alone. Being alone in general sucks actually.
I did bake a cake Sunday. From a mix. It sucked. Hummingbird Cake; banana, coconut and pineapple flavoured... I thought it would be the pick me up I needed. It was disgusting. I dunno whether it's the icing or the cake or the fact it smells and tastes like various alcoholic beverages... but it was a fail. Adding to my bad mood.
I want a flippin proper camera. I've had enough of this point and shoot crap that can't take photos at night, or long distance, or inside without flash. I'm saving up for a Canon 550D SLR... and by that I mean I want to save for one. I'm terrible at saving money. Absolutely shocking. Any converts out there that can give me tips on how to change my ways?
Anyway, that's a whole bunch of ramble! My goal for tomorrow is to get up half an hour early and get on the wii fit. Endorphins! That's what I need :)
11 comments:
how lovely.
congratulations to him for the win :)
xo
Pay yourself first. Put 5-10% of your paycheck into a savings account automatically (if your bank can do that). You will be surprised at how fast it adds up and how little you will miss that money being in circulation.
Yay, well done David! Isn't he a brave lad? I'd need a good sit down if I'd broken my nose - no way I'd be charging back out there to continue!
The only things that works for me in terms of savings is to sit down at the start of the month and plan out a proper budget. Work out all your outgoings, allocate some fun money and see how much you've got left over. Then put that money into an account and don't let yourself spend it! Soon builds up to a decent amount and as long as you think about everything at the budgeting stage you shouldn't run short.
I sure hope your feeling better soon Ebony! Hope David's nose is fixed without any problems too. Being alone and sick is a pretty big downer.
I am with you on being fed up with point and shoot cameras...my sister saved for 2 years for her amazing canon SLR, which I used to borrow when living at home. Now I've moved and my own camera is just shit and the photos I take depress me!
Perhaps we can set out to set a goal to save for a canon SLR together! I used to suck at saving too, until I went to the bank and asked them to automatically transfer money into a savings account on pay day. I try not to touch that account and it sure does add up surprisingly quickly! My trouble is now there are all these 'grown up' bills I have to worry about, and my camera dreams are taking a back seat!
Awww Ebs I am so sorry that you are sick! :( I hate being sick, it is the worst thing. I bet your cake was fine, when you are sick all of your senses are out of whack. :(
I know how you feel about missing the guy. I miss Kyle so much. He keeps working nights so I never see him. ugh.
Anywho, you need some rest!! I hope you feel better soon.
XOXOXOXOX x3!!
awww. I'm sorry about everything. I know how you feel. When you're sick and feeling crappy and all you need/want is your boy snuggling with you because that's the only thing that makes you feel right again. Watch romedies! And funny movies! And tv shows! And sleep, sleep, sleep. It'll make you feel a zillion times better, I promise :)
My advice for saving for an SLR is this: save half the money you get and spend half. If you allow your self to STILL indulge in the little things you want while putting away money, you'll be satisfying yourself while not being restricted. And when you save, put it FAR AWAY! :) Keep it in a shoebox under your bed or in a bank account. Make it inaccessible. You won't miss it because you'll forget about it and still have money to spend :)
Best of luck dearest Ebs.
:)
Love,
Maggie
Congratulations to your boy!
But awh, I'm sorry nothing else is working out for you at the moment :( Take lots of naps! Play sims! And know that you won't feel like this for ever!
As for saving, I am the worst person to ask. I'm in debt because of uni so I find it so hard to save without feeling like I should already be paying my student loan, when all I want to spend money on is trips and clothes! Not petrol and textbooks and study fees! Ah well. It's worth it. Just put a little aside each week and be disciplined about it :)
Hope you feel better soon, gorgeous girl!
X
Hello lovely:)
Sorry to hear bout your lack of energy and that you're sick! Hopefully you feel better soon!
And I'm not too great at saving money either, but my advice? Try craigslist for the camera. I know there are lots of scams, but as long as you're careful.. I was able to buy a brand new Nikon XSI off this gentleman who lived bout 15 minutes away for $450! Just don't rule out buying used. :)
Best wishes dear.
Poor pet! No one likes being sick. Especially when there is no one around to take care of you and bring you tea and pistachios.
Saving money isn't all that hard. An easy way to make sure you save is to take 10% (or however much you want to, I wouldn't go less than 10% though) on pay day and put it straight into your savings account. This money no longer exists. What goes in there does not come out until you've reached your goal. Then I usually put over whatever is above a round dollar amount. So if you have $546 in your main account I would transfer $46 over to savings and then you have that $500 left.
Obviously everyone manages money differently but I find this works for me. Good luck!
I've got good news to cheer you up! You've won my giveaway :)
Can you please email me your postal address?
Congrats! :)
Oh no! I can't believe he broke his nose, that sounds so horrible and painful!!! I'm sorry that you're sick! It does stink to be sick and alone! But I've noticed that when I'm sick I complain more if my husband is home...like a lot more! I'm a baby about it! But if he's not here, it's not a big deal for me to take care of my self! Haha, I guess that's something he just has to deal with from me! Good luck on saving up for your camera! I am a penny pincher and always have been. If I don't have a certain amount in my different bank accounts I flip out and refuse to spend any money until the numbers are back where I want them. But something that works for me to save money is to take money out of my account in cash, stick it in a box, and do it every time I get paid. Then I'm not tempted to spend it because it's in my account and I can save more easily! I don't know why, but it works for me!
Post a Comment
Everybody likes to be heard. I'm so happy you're taking the time to comment :) Make sure you leave a way for me to contact you back via email or blog! xox