Friday, August 27, 2010

It's here!

It came! It came! And I soon realised that having a pro camera does not make me a pro photographer :D This is just on auto (I think.. this baby is complicated and I tried out so many modes I got a bit confused) and is the ONE shot out of about 50 that I was happy with. I can't wait to be able to actually understand what I'm doing. I can picture it now - amazing outfit/food/travel photos for all! David and I can learn together... so he knows what to do when I'm in front of the camera :p


Speaking of, I miss the guy so much. How sad am I? I mean, last night I listened to Ingrid Michaelson's 'Be Ok' album as loud as was reasonable, I ate dinner at whatever hour I wanted, I replaced the photos on the fridge and put my bunting kit from Tillie to good use...


But it's not the same is it? Thought I would scrap it out. It kinda helped :D Haha. My scrapping is as sporadic as my blogging lately. Sometimes I'm super inspired and other times I can not be bothered. I need to get my bum into gear because Lauren Reid is having a Creative Team call and she is my second fave designer in the whole wide world... truth be told, her designs are the easiest for me to scrap with. Pretty inspiring stuff. Yep - this is one of her collabs...


I've been thoroughly enjoying having the tv off the last couple of days, and enjoying my new teabags from T2 (Thanks David!) and reading my latest mags. Got issue 37# of Frankie today (Thanks Han!) and purchased my first issue of Real Living yesterday... I'm an addict. I know I want to work in magazines, but I'm thinking I want to study graphic design. Problem is I need a portfolio, so if anyone has ANY idea what I should create and include - do share! I'm going to call admissions Monday and ask. I never got to study that sort of stuff in year 11/12 because it wasn't offered in our tiny school. We didn't even have a music program for flip's sake :p


Anyway, I'm off to do the final rinse layer of washing the kitchen floors (hallelujah!) and then cook myself spag bol. Cooking for one sucks btw, so un-motivating when you aren't creating for someone else. Wanna come over for tea? Anyone? Sharing is caring after all :)

16 comments:

eva said...

Your cat is adorable! x

Alex said...

It would be a flipping long trip but I'd love to!

*wistful sigh* at your August scrap. Must be lovely to have something that precious in your life.

Which camera did you go for in the end? Mine has died a painful death and I have a feeling that I might as well go for an SLR if I'm going to get a new one. Love the cat photo :)

Your Only Black Swan said...

i can't get enough of your cat! tooo tooo cute! and THOSE eyes!! gahh!

as for your graphic design submission - i would include examples of a couple of logos, a magazine page layout and a piece focusing on font/typefaces just to give them an idea of your style and capabilities. (I work full time as a graphic designer)

Good luck!

youronlyblackswan.blogspot.com

x Your Only Blackswan

Amber said...

Your kitty is so cute!

the notebook doodles said...

yay on your new camera!!

and thanks for the comment :) i appreciate it. ughh i wish people were more considerate. actually it's only the 1% who isn't..

NabilaHazirah said...

Cute cat!

A new camera sounds exciting!

xo

Claire said...

love it

~ x♥x♥ :)
~ ♥x♥x :)
~ x♥x♥ :)

eleanor said...

Oh yay - it arrived! And I LOVE T2 tea, at the moment I have 5 flavours I'm working my way through!

I wish I could come over for dinner. David will be back before you know it, though :)

X

apparentlyjessy said...

Congrats on saving for your new camera so quickly!!! I am so impressed, my saving has not happened at all, unfortunately bills keep piling in, I think its going to be a project for next year!
Have fun learning and playing with it, that's half the joy of a new camera!
I really like your scrap designs, you have a real knack for it!

Meg! said...

I WISH I could come over for tea! It would be so awesome. It sounds like you're doing quite well entertaining yourself, even though you miss your man. And I can't wait to see what awesome pictures you produce with your new badass camera! :D

Lovers, Saints & Sailors said...

Lady, even your cupboard is gorgeous!

Cooking for one doesn't have to suck. When I lived alone I used to love cooking the most elaborate meals just to eat at the table with my music blaring. And just think...you can eat all of those things that David doesn't like.

I'm sure that everything you're doing with your blog and scrapping will help towards your portfolio, wish I could be more help but it's not really my area. After all, I came to YOU for help! ;)

Athena. said...

Oh, you're amazing.
And you have an impeccable taste in films and music :) xxx

m. said...

i'd definitely come over for tea.
:)

your scrap book is so lovely.

Jasmine said...

haha i am still using my lousy camera phone to snap my photos
cant cant wait to get a better camera , a real camera lol

Unknown said...

When it comes to portfolio's it has to represent what your about, as a designer or what you see yourself becoming as a designer. You do amazing digital scrapping, so definitely include that. Any other typography you have done- like your blog headers; if you designed them yourself that is. Also include photography/photoshop work and if you draw/paint: take pics or scan them to include too.

My first portfolio submission was a mash of everything, it had charcoal life drawings, photo's of paintings (I was lucky enough to study art and photography all the way through high school.) I included photo's and photoshop designs (they were similar to digital scrapping, but it was before I even knew digital scrapping existed). The moral of my novel here is... there is no right or wrong when it comes to submitting a portfolio, because as long as it represents you artistically it will be perfect! :)
x x
Ps. You already have a mac, so your more of a designer than me! (could never afford one in design school) Only the cool kids in design school had macs (these days it may be a prerequisite) lol :D

Sweets and Hearts said...

yaaay for a new camera! what kind did you get?

i'm so excited for you! i hope you can find a good graphic design program and a school you really like :D good luck with everything!

<3

Post a Comment

Everybody likes to be heard. I'm so happy you're taking the time to comment :) Make sure you leave a way for me to contact you back via email or blog! xox