Wednesday, August 4, 2010

"I love your stockings"


I have worn stockings all week, partly because it's winter and partly because I can't be bothered shaving my legs every day but shh! that's our little secret :) Every time I wear a patterned pair I get complimented on them and I must say, it's a sure fire way to make my day. This particular pair came in a 2 pack from Woolworth's grocery store, but I love em and so did the lady in the chemist today. Hehe.


This dress is quickly becoming one of my favourites. I've worn it 3 times in two weeks. The first time I dressed it up with Oxfords and my nanna's pearl necklace... so I thought this time I'd make it a little 'tougher' with my booties and my favourite belt. Yep, there it is again. Best $15 I ever spent thank you Portmans! That store has some amazing pieces if you have the time to look. I sometimes prefer stores that have just a few funky pieces (like Jeans West)... I feel less overwhelmed by all the things I wanna try on.


The back of this dress was a complete surprise to me when I pulled it off the rack and into the changerooms... but it instantly reminded me of Tieka :) And the sleeves make me feel this is the sort of thing Amanda would pick for her vintage store. It was only $18, which is already $6 a wear so it was a total win. I think that brings my floral dress count into the double digits. One can never have enough right?

20 comments:

kate maggie said...

Good job, Woolies..you have done me proud! I love those so much and you look like a mega babe in this outfit. The dress is just perfect. x

eva said...

You look gorgeous! I love this dress. Unfortunately i'm never brave enough to wear patterened stockings, I always think they'll somehow come off looking sort of grunge but this inspires me :)

Ashley Morris said...

I really love this!! Those stockings are gorgeous and I totally agree - you struck a deal with that dress! :D

Alex said...

You look lovely - fab tights and I love the cut out detail on the back of the dress.

I'll drop you an email about the questions you asked in your comment :) No carrot sticks involved!

Nadia Kamballa said...

What a pretty dress, and yes, I love your stockings!

http://thenovembergirl.blogspot.com

Sara said...

Ebs you look stunning! You are working the girly-rock look well with that dress! It does remind me of Tieka's! :) I am loving the stockings as well, I envy you, it is way too hot for tights here. Meh.


XOXOX!

Belen said...

Eee! You're such a pretty lady, Ebony. I have only one pair, but the rest are leggings. Either way, I love them because---while you wear them for warmth---, I wear them to cool off! Haha! It's not often I can wear shorts because being a "big" girl, my legs rub together, but leggings help lessen that and they still cool me off since they're tight against the skin unless like a pair of jeans that trap the air between the cloth and my leg!

That was a long and unnecessary explanation. Haha. Anyway, as always, I love your outfit. You're inspiring me to wear my leggings and stocking more this week! I'll have to seeing as I'm going to Disneyland both Thursday and Friday! :D

Love ya!

stephanieesstar said...

Oh, I love the back of that dress!!! So sweet! And I definitely love patterned stockings! I love them with the floral print!

maggeygrace said...

oooh I love these!! Nice job :) You know me and you know I am in love with mixing patterns and I love how you did it :) so cute! You are gorgeous Ebony :)

eleanor said...

I LOVE your whole outfit! You look wonderful! Good ol' woolworths, haha!
The dress is gorgeous, very Tieka :)
It's funny, when I'm shopping I think of bloggers too - oh, that's very Delightfully Tacky/Tieka/Idee Geniale hehe.

X

PS. I havn't shaved my legs in a terribly long time. I love winter.

Amber Schmidt said...

You are absolutely breathtaking!

And guess what..
I love your stockings!

xxoo,
Amber Rose
modestjune.com

Lovers, Saints & Sailors said...

One can most definitely not ever have enough floral.
I love seeing your outfit posts! Hooray! You look gorgeous. And I know exactly what stockings you are talking about ;) I had a pair just like it from Woolies only they were diamonds instead of squares. I wore them to death! It's always nice to go grocery shopping and pop a little fashion in your trolley.

Amanda said...

Nope, one can NEVER have enough floral dresses you are right! That back was unexpected for me as well, but it's a good surprise! You look adorable and I bet this dress can be styled up so many different ways!

E said...

love your dress especially the back! :) and patterned stockings rock!


heyfancypants.blogspot.com

Jennifer said...

Awe super cute! I love your outfit! The dress goes so well with the leggings!! :D

P.S. did you get my email? x

Chloƫ, Wardrobe Quarry said...

Oh, I am in love with patterened stockings. I saw a girl wearing the most amazing patterned stockings one day and I think I will be forever looking for my own pair :( Not fair. I love the little pattern mix between the florals on the dress and the squares on the tights. I am also loving that love heart.

Phuong said...

lovely dress and the back of the dress is so cute!

dennica pearl said...

beautiful! <3

great blog. i became a follower after browsing for just a few minutes.

cant wait for more updates!

<3 dennica pearl
http://eyesofapearl.blogspot.com

Kyla said...

So glad you are feeling better! Being sick does suck! I've been really fortunate this year and managed to dodge it. Now that I said that, I'll probably get sick. hehe

This dress is so adorable! I love how you paired it with the patterned tights. It's just perfect!

Jasmine said...

i love your outfit i like tops with cut outs at the back

and of cos not forgetting the stocking

Post a Comment

Everybody likes to be heard. I'm so happy you're taking the time to comment :) Make sure you leave a way for me to contact you back via email or blog! xox