Sunday, August 15, 2010

Breakfast cupcakes...

Okay maybe this is old news to you guys but until I was browsing food blogs this morning and came across Dine & Dish, this way of cooking eggs was completely unknown to me. They turned out so darn tasty, I just had to share exactly what I did.

1. Pre-heated the over to 175 degree celsius (350 degrees fahrenheit)
2. Got out my muffin tin and greased the cups with a little butter.
3. Cut the bacon and placed it around the sides of the cup only. (It doesn't have to be one long strip either, I cut a wide piece into strips and just overlapped them a little.)
4. Cracked an egg into the middle of the bacon. Broke the yoke and mixed with a fork.
5. Added some pepper, salt and  mound of cheese on top.
6. Popped them into the oven for 20 mins (you can put them in longer if you want crispy bacon)
7. Scooped them out with a large spoon and enjoyed straight away :)




It's like quiche but healthier because you don't have all that pastry. Will definitely be having these again, they were light & fluffy and meant minimal dishes!
Any other epic ways of eating eggs that I don't know about?

19 comments:

Amber Schmidt said...

Haha-- I never knew!
And now I'm craving eggs. See what you do to me?

:)

Lovers, Saints & Sailors said...

Hey I'm making cup cakes right now! It's for the RSPCA Cup Cake Bake Off tomorrow. I'm making chocolate cup cakes topped with ganache icing, chocolate buttons, M&Ms (brown only) and maltesers and then another squiggle of ganache on top. I'm on the crash end of ODing on M&Ms urgh. I could go something savoury like yours only I don't eat meat. I reckon it would still work with fake bacon though...

apparentlyjessy said...

YUM! Those breakfast cupcakes look great! I've never seen that before, must give it a try!

Kallie, Happy Honey and Lark said...

That might be the ultimate egg because there is bacon wrapped around it. I like fritatta (s/p?) because it is exactly like quiche without the crust. I'm also a fan of eggs florentine...mmmmm

stephanieesstar said...

What a cute idea! I have never thought of cooking eggs like that! Thanks for sharing!!

Sara said...

OMG yum! Eggs are my fave food ebs! You have no idea :) :)

One of the my faves is scrambled egg whites, with Parmesan cheese and basil. Nothing to fancy, but I will have to try these eggs, I am drooling!

Amber said...

That looks yummy!
http://amberbluebird.blogspot.com/

Flashes of Style said...

Woaa.... Those look so good!

Meg! said...

Firstly, those eggy things look amazingly delicious, and also like they'd give me a heart attack! Yum.

You asked how tall I was, and I am just a little over 5'1". So I'm a super shorty. :)

Meg! said...

Lol maybe I WILL try your crazy egg concoction! I'm sure Greg would absolutely love it, and so would I. Maybe I'll make them for my mom when she comes to visit on Friday! :D

And it is not as fun being short as it would seem! Sure, you can take a nap comfortably on any couch, but you can never reach things at the supermarket, and standing-only concerts are the worst!

Allana said...

oh scrummy! Looks like a great weekend breakie to me, thanks for the recipe :)

Jasmine said...

look so yummy , can i steal one out of your photos lol

Bee. said...

yum, they sound tasty!
what a great idea.

Jasmine said...

Angus and Julia Stone is my fav musician at the moment , because they're from Australia most Malaysian are not expose to their music yet

but i totally love them

i got stuck to the duo the moment i heard of Just A Boy

Down the Way is a great album too , i love And The Boys :)

sallyannie☆ said...

...omg wow, what a good idea! I like microwaving eggs as well - also super super easy :D

Jennifer said...

yuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, cute!!!!!!!!!

xx
Rebekka

Emma said...

Wowzer, they are brilliant! Have the biggest craving for breakfast now... it's 1pm. x

Matthew Spade said...

wow what an interesting idea! i will 100% try this, looks easy too

Post a Comment

Everybody likes to be heard. I'm so happy you're taking the time to comment :) Make sure you leave a way for me to contact you back via email or blog! xox