Monday, October 4, 2010

A New Month!

Last month's pages were some of my favourites:





I've been so fed up with life lately. I just can't wait to move and feel like effort made here with friends/work is just a waste of time... that sounds bad but I'm just so over this place. It's been so hard the last two years; in a job that bores me to death,  in a VERY isolated town where there is little to do, 1700km away from most of my friends and so very far from my family when they need me most, and I need them.

Perth can be a whole new beginning. New house, new friends, new job and I want a new outlook too. But I don't want to spend the next 8 weeks like this. Too often I let myself get affected by others opinions. I feel worthless, or inadequate, or just plain out of place. Well it all stops (and starts) now. My life is worth documenting, even if my weekends consist of playing wii with my bf. My outfits are cute and fun, even if my hair looks ratty at the end of the day... so I should pester David to photograph them more, now I have my snazzy camera :)

This month I'm going to eat better, exercise more, keep the house clean and take the time to enjoy scrap-booking and the company of good friends (Instead of sitting aimlessly on facebook stuffing my face with chocolate.) Wish me luck!

14 comments:

Unknown said...

You can do anything you set your mind and heart to! I agree, I've recently had a decisive change of heart when it comes to life. The first step is realizing what is getting you down and actively changing it. You did that now keep an open mind and stay positive (as best you can). :D

Also beautiful scrapping lovely! I really love reading your blog!
x x

Carina said...

Its good you have goals for the month. They sound very positive. (Some Of them I could even add as my goals for the month. I really must exercise more, get off facebook and do my fair share of keeping the house tidy)

Good luck with everything. I hope it works out well.

xx Carina

Allana said...

Go you - that's the attitude!! Life is the journey, not the destination as they say so enjoy every moment and don'y do anything that doesn't make you happy (or if you really have to - smile while you're doing it!!)
I love your scrapbook pages too - you sure make it look like fun!! x

The Napkin Dad said...

That's the way to think about it! Document and ponder will lead to insight.

Sara said...

Ebs I love all of them, that wedding one is very sweet! You get better and better!

I am feeling the same way as you lately. Every week I have solid goals and plans, and everyweekend I scramble around trying to get everything done and I feel depressed because I feel like a waste. I want to get in shape, and be around positive people, your an inspiration miss ebs :)

XOXOXOXOXOX

s said...

what a wonderful post- and a great way to start my Monday!! :)
Good luck making it through the home stretch going into your move....

On a side note- I love that you want a German Shepherd!! We have a German Shepherd (she is an indoor dog) and she is WONDERFUL!!! SO smart and just an absolute doll!!

Good luck getting through things - and enjoy your camera! :)

Anonymous said...

beautiful layouts!

Alex said...

You've got such a positive attitude to everything. I love your full of ideas scrap -such an eclective, creative mixture of things.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful layouts, Ebony - glad to see you back scrapbooking again!!!! Hang in there..the move will come soon enough!

stephanieesstar said...

Yay! I hope that the next couple of months are much easier for you, lady! As soon as I started making the decision to be happy, I stopped having terrible days all the time! It's so crazy that just choosing to have a good day makes all the difference! I'm not saying I don't have bad days, but they are definitely much less common than they used to be!

I blog about sitting around and watching The Office with Ravi because my blog is for me! And if other people like to read it, that's great too, but ultimately, it's for me to look back on and remember what was going on in our lives!

But, I can't wait to read all about your new house and new town too! Oh, and you pretty much always look adorable in your photos, so I don't think you have anything to worry about!

Amber Schmidt said...

Thank you so much for the incredible comment on my "woe-is-me" post. Let's be friends.

KristiMcMurry said...

Love your pages :) Way to have a positive outlook! I hope thinks are looking up now.

Mel said...

SCRAPBOOK <3 I used to scrapbook in high school but I haven't had time too lately, but I really adore your scrapbooking work!

Unknown said...

GOOD LUCK! I hope this is just a phase! You are by no means worthless, you remain such a creative and talented (not to mention downright lovely) person and you have so many exciting things to look forward to! I'm excited for you that you're moving... I loved Perth when I visited last year! Chin up chicken, jazzy ♥

Post a Comment

Everybody likes to be heard. I'm so happy you're taking the time to comment :) Make sure you leave a way for me to contact you back via email or blog! xox