WARNING: Movie spoilers for Remember Me and Dear John follow.
Having Sepe back is amazing. Having to share him with his family, who are up to take the boat back to Perth, is not. I dunno, it's just hard because it was our first weekend together again I think. Today they all went out to Wittenoom Gorge, while I had breakfast with Kim at Red Breeze. (It only cost me $6.50 for pancakes, a hash brown and herb bread! yay!) Then I hired out 'Remember Me' and 'Dear John', even though I couldn't remember David's Blockbuster account's pw. But shh, the lady said not to tell anyone.
I love Remember Me. That ending came as such a surprise... I'm glad they didn't base the whole movie around 9/11 ya know? I mean, I don't want to offend anyone, but a lot of movies that cover the event and what came after (war on terrorism etc) make Americans out to be complete victims and heros, and while this event was completely tragic and I can't imagine what those affected felt, or went through, I just prefered the way this movie tackled the issue. Documenting every day people, a love story, losses, and how this day just happened, out of the blue for them and so many others. This probably isn't translating the way I want it to, so please don't get pissed off with me. I just loved this movie.
Dear John was terrible. I mean, sure, it's realistic, it's just not what I wanted to see. I couldn't empathise with Savannah and was left outraged at her behaviour. I guess I was just expecting a happy ending when I saw it was written by the same guy as The Notebook. Now that, that was a love story that made me believe in love.
So Friday night touch was good. I played well but was a bit harsh on some of the guy players as we only had 3 girls (so no subbing for us!) and they had enough to keep fresh legs on the field the entire time, which they didn't. A few of the newcomers just wanted to take everyone on in attack and let them steamroll over us in defence. I hate that. There is no I in TEAM sorta thing. I ended up with a big bruise too.
Saturday morning was nice, Kim and Hayley came to the brekkie too. I could stomach the champagne without oj this year and it is always a humbling experience listening to others speak about their breast cancer battles. Saturday night we went to Jenny's African-themed leaving party and had an ok time. Everyone was dressed up so well and we got their 3 hours late because David insisted on eating dinner and hanging around at home with the fam.
I dunno. I'm feeling uninspired and a little miffed with life. I just deleted a whole bunch of fb friends and I'm close to deleting my account all together. I mean some of these people I wouldn't class as 'friends' in a million years... and seeing them brag about this and that and how wonderful their life is... I know half of it's fake. They say one thing and post another. I just, I dunno where I wanna be or if the upcoming occurrences are what I really want. Sometimes I feel like no one understands me, or gives me a choice, David included. I think I always get a little down when I eat an entire block of chocolate though - makes me feel stupid and sick. I'm pretty sure I'm lactose intolerant. Hope your weekend was better than mine. And here's to a better week :) Getting all this out really helped.
5 comments:
Oh Ebs :( Your last post was so positive - I hate to hear you feeling glum. Hope things start to brighten up for you this week.
Cleaning out my facebook friends sincerely helps weed out the fake from the real friends. I honestly wish I didn't have a facebook all together...but with friends away in college that I love, that's not really possible haha :) But! Weeding out does work!
Hang in there Ebs. I've been down lately too :(
Oh and I agree with the movie comments. I loved Remember Me! My favorite thing about it was that it showed how 9/11 happened exactly how it happened to the people involved in the moment. We were as surprised as an audience as the real people were there. It was touching!
:)
I deleted my facebook and I haven't regretted it for a second! I discovered that my true friends will just find other ways to get in contact with me.
im the same huni! i got rid of FB because seriously it was draggin me down...! mwah to youx
Post a Comment
Everybody likes to be heard. I'm so happy you're taking the time to comment :) Make sure you leave a way for me to contact you back via email or blog! xox