Saturday, October 23, 2010

My girls know


The jig is up. Their Dad hasn't been home 3 nights. Something's up :p Upon letting them outside yesterday and retreating to the mac room, I heard a meow behind me. Mischa was back inside... She sometimes plays a game where she commands us to do things just to for kicks, like fill up her biccie bowl. ("Oh, I'm not hungry yet, silly" *walks off*) I decided to play the "Come outside, play with me! Oo, butterfly! Byeee!" game (yes, she speaks with that many exclamation marks) and followed her out the back door. She didn't run off. I came back inside and she followed me. Am I really that lonely looking Mischa?


Tibby loves to have loving time with David before bed and last night she sat on my bedside table for a good half hour while I played tetris, but no amount of coaxing or cooing could get her to love me. Poor girl. She is so much a Daddy's girl and I can't help but feel sorry that she is, because he's going to be to-ing and fro-ing whereas Mischa has (and demands attention from) me majority of the time. The worst bit is, I won't ever be able explain it to Tibs, like I could a child.


Speaking of children; I met little B's nephew last night. His name is Chase and he is the cutest little ranga you ever did see. (I can say this, because I, was a ranga, lol!) He seemed scared of me at first, but after playing on the gym equipment out the back, introducing me to "ma max" the dog and me volunteering to wash the chocolate off his face and hands... we were tight. So much so that after giving auntie B a kiss goodbye, he (without any pestering from me!) decided he would give me one too. *sigh* I want babies.


These photos of my current babies were taken last week after David's work dinner. I could totally be a pageant mum with a girlie like this. A face like this needs to be on a cat food can or something :p Hope you are having a super weekend! I'm off to work for 3 hours and then gonna get my bake on for an engagement party I am attending tonight :)

8 comments:

Amber Schmidt said...

Chase sounds adorable!

And your kitties-- aww. I'm allergic to cats, and even I wanted to snuggle up with them. They seem so intelligent with the speaking powers and all. ;)

Have fun at the engagement party and unwind from work!

How is the "Hotties R Us" going for ya??

kate maggie said...

This is such a cute cute post! Thanks for introducing us to your lovely kitties! I love that one loves you and the other loves david, so sweet. you look gorgeous, even when playing with cats! x

Lovers, Saints & Sailors said...

Love the new header lady! You're so creative x

Alex said...

Those photos are gorgeous!! Oscar is terrible at staying still for photos and I'm never quick enough to catch him :( He totally does the food thing bowl though - how irritating!!

stephanieesstar said...

Your kitties are so so cute! I love their big bright eyes! Ravi keeps saying that he'd love to get a gray stripey one! Haha, and I feel like a pageant mom all the time with all the photos I take of our pets! Having pets is such a joy, though! And they always seem to be able to cheer me up when I'm feeling down.

Jess said...

Your cats are gorgeous! It is funny how in tune with our feelings our animals are. At lot has gone on in my world the last couple of weeks and my cat Shiro has been such a comfort.

Anonymous said...

Aw your blog is cute! I have a pet kitty too.

Rachel, Cold Knees said...

Your cats are ever so ever so cute! Absolutely beautiful. That's what I love about cats, they do entirely as they please and play with you just for kicks. My cat meows ever so much and when we put down dry food for him he just gives me a look "what is this? Wet food only purrlease". I like to think he prefers me to my boyfriend (also a David), he definitely prefers my lap :) Anyway, yes, your cats are seriously cute. xx

Post a Comment

Everybody likes to be heard. I'm so happy you're taking the time to comment :) Make sure you leave a way for me to contact you back via email or blog! xox