
The little oxfords would have come out again to play if I had invested in those frilly socks I wanted so long ago. It's far too hot to wear that sorta shoe without socks here already.. (read: sweat isn't pleasant) so I opted for my sandals that I always gets lots of compliments on. I actually got on the Australia American Apparel website last week for a looksie at socks and the like but the prices DO NOT reflect how strong our dollar is right now (as in, the price of one dress I had my eye on was $35 more on the Aussie site) and because I'm Australian I can't order from the US site, so stuff that.

This is also my first time pattern mixing. Figured it was time to start experimenting with prints, so with the amazing Maggie in mind I threw this together. What do you reckon? I'm head over heels in love with this skirt that I got from UO last week. I've already worn it 3 times meaning it's cost me $6 per wear so far. I was just super stoked it fit as everything on that site (and on girls that shop there) looks so damn short! Do you think it would kill them to make their design a few inches shorter? Geez.

It was actually a heap of fun mucking around in front of the camera. Sometimes when David's taking the shots I feel like I'm wasting his time/our time together... I took approximately 50 shots this morn and came out with 40 usable photos. This is one of my favourites because I look genuinely happy. By the looks of my skirt I was just swirling around... it's kinda candid.

Oo and I finally got a chictopia account! I am by no means a style icon and doubt I ever will be, but I thought it would be a nifty place to keep track of my evolving style... it may even help me to pin down exactly what that style is. So if you have an account, let's be friends. I think what makes for a good outfit shot is the scenery. When chics (see what I did there? haha) have different locations and poses all the time it makes for a wonderful portfolio... I sorta can't wait to have places to wear clothes other than home-work-home-occasional dinner-home again.

I have a tonne of stuff on this weekend including an engagement party and Family Picnic Day, so even though David won't be here to attend either with me, it's only 8 sleeps until he's back and this picture is a pretty good representation of how that makes me feel! Happy Hump Day!
16 comments:
That last picture is awesome! Nice work on the self timer lady. Don't you just love days like that where you get to do everything that you'd like to?
I hope David isn't away for too long.
My gosh I just looked at your count down. Not long until you move! How is the packing going?
I'm going to check the Australia Post website and if they're willing then you best believe there will be a little bottle of this polish waiting under your tree come Christmas!
Aw these pictures are adorable! I really like the outfit too, the colours go so well together and it's so nice to see someone wearing a summer outfit when it's freezing here and I'm snuggled in my duvet aha.
you are so wonderful :)
i hope you'll be okay with him being fifo.
i know it's hard.
xo
Aw, im sorry that your dear left, but glad that you didnt cry. You look gorgeous lady and I love this outfit..such a cute skirt! have so much fun on the weekend!! x
You look gorgeous missy! Love the self timer pics - you look like you're having so much fun :)
Love the belt and the skirt! You're just adorable.
That belt is so sweet! And I love the skirt!
I always get a little bummed if Ravi has to leave town for an extended period of time, but I do always try to plan some fun things to keep my mind off of it! I'm glad that you're keeping your spirits up! A family picnic sounds like so much much fun!!
Have a good week, sweets!
Awww! You guys are so sweet :) Ebs you look adorable, I love this Summer look! Pattern mixing works well in light colors too :) I am loving all the new things on your blog, the counter is awesome!
Woot for being on Chictopia too! :D :D
XOXOXOXXOO
~Sara
AHHH! You're so sweet! With me in mind...chuckle chuckle :) That made me smile! You look gorgeous and I LOVEEE your pattern mixing! You did fabulous with it :) Your new layout is soososososo cute!
You looked so pretty here!
I just saw that new header and that's a really cute one.. Love it!
The November Girl
cute outfit and you did a great job taking photos with the remote, I especially like the last one
First of I just loved the title of this post... and then I liked the outfit and the rest ! :P
You're so adorable :) Oh yes, their skirts are shockingly short! This one looks fine though!
I love this outfit! It is so super cute :)
KF x
Haha, you are adorable Ebony. I love these photos! The colors and print are amazing :]
xx
If you need anything from AA you know there's one a couple blocks away from Sara and I we can always pick you up something and send it out with other stuff. I'm sending out a package on Monday. :)
Post a Comment
Everybody likes to be heard. I'm so happy you're taking the time to comment :) Make sure you leave a way for me to contact you back via email or blog! xox