Monday, June 21, 2010

The Great Boot Tragedy of 2010

So imagine you walk into a shoe store looking for black boots and you find them straight away. They're flat, they have just a little stud embellishment and they are only $59.95. Oh baby. Now imagine you are told by the lady with the computer that they only have your size (8.5) in one store in the entire city... That suburb just happens to be the one your boyfriend is in that weekend... so you call him and he calls his mum and yes! she can go and pick them up if I put them on hold.

The lady then calls the store the boots are at and after what seems like a lifetime, proceeds to tell you that "Oh, the system is showing up that they still have them but they must have sold this morning..." NOOOOO! And they would have been perfect for this outfit I wore the very next day :( Haha.


And yes, I did check the other stores, as well as a bunch of different stores whilst in Perth CBD and could find nothing that compared, or even took my fancy... *sigh* Tragedy really. Ah well. I'm sure the fashion faeries will grace me with even nicer booties some day :)

Shirt/Cotton On - Belt/Portmans - Skirt/Quirky Circus - Stockings/Woolworths 
 Boots/Shoe Show

19 comments:

Maebe Isadora said...

awwwww I absolutely hate it when that happens! the feeling of joy and satisfaction, the tentative scheming and planing of outfits to match, the whole tactical assault you planned to make it happen. Only to have your dreams shattered...

Oh I know the story well *sigh* I can relate and sympathize with you, I can only wish you the best of luck in hopefully finding another pair equally as perfect to satisfy your boot desire.

xoxo

Fashion from Feline Eyes

J. said...

Noo that's the worst! That happened to me in Nordstrom where they said they had my size in the store but it was nowhere to be found...major bummer :(

http://jammer10am.blogspot.com/

Alex said...

Oh what a kick in the teeth. But taking the philosophical approach, the perfect pair will be out there somewhere! Have a look on some UK shoe websites - might be the perfect time of year to get some in the sale and if they don't deliver to you I'm sure you have plenty of pals who could post them on to you :)

Kelsey Sunshine. said...

love your leggings.

xxx

Sara said...

awww I am sorry about the boots, but these are really really cute! I like how the brown breaks up the outfit :)

Your hair is getting looooooooong! Want to trade? I want mine to be long! :)

Sara said...

Oh and I wuvs you and miss you!

XOXOXOXOXOX
~Sara

E said...

aww sorry to hear about those boots...that really sucks, but I'm sure you'll find another pair soon. I love your outfit, in fact i like your brown boots. i need a new pair of brown boots too

heyfancypants.blogspot.com

Amanda said...

Oh no! I'm sure the right boots will come along soon though, keep looking! The ones you have on are quite amazing and I love that skirt!

Chloƫ, Wardrobe Quarry said...

Oh that really sucks, and I know the feeling too well. I'm sure you will find something better soon. Although I love the ones you are wearing now and the skirt is cute also. I really want some more skirts but it seems no one wants to sell any skirts other than plain black ones this winter.

eleanor said...

oh my i hate when this happens. when i was in sydney in january i found the cutest pair of soft pink scalloped edged ballet flats and on the computer they had 3 pairs in my size but the shop assistants couldn't find them. i could have cried! haha
but those boots look great on you too, and what an adorable outfit! i want some tights like that.

good luck for finding your perfect pair :)

X

Lovers, Saints & Sailors said...

Oh that is a tragedy! I am on the boot hunt myself (as I am every winter it seems). We're taking a trip to Melbourne next week so I am pinning all of my hopes on finding the perfect pair down there.
They sound a lot like the ones you found actually. Black, flat, studded. Did they have them in a size 7.5?

Matilda said...

This skirt is really beautiful! I like your tights too! :-)

VanilahFashion said...

Cute outfit, I have tights which are the same fabric as your skirt :)
Vanilah xx

www.vanilah.blogspot.com

Lovers, Saints & Sailors said...

Ooh thanks Honey! Grunge is perfect :)
I couldn't see them online but I'll definitely check out a store this week.
I'm more than happy to send them to you if you wanna call and see if they have any in Brisbane in your size?

Skyline Eyes said...

I really like your outfit, regardless of the lack of black boots (:
x

eva said...

Man that sucks! I was in Melbourne with my Mum once and I tried on these jeans, but they didn't fit properly so they called another store in another suburb, and they had my size.

We drove over there and nooooooo, it wasn't there!

Unknown said...

Aaaw that is a tragedy indeed! :( But think of the karma of the scenario, you have saved the money which you would otherwise have spent on boots, now you'll probably see something even more spectacular to grace your feet / arms / head (delete as appropriate) :) PS You've got mail sweet pea! I wish I could write to you properly! Although, when I go to France in the summer, I shall send you a postcard! :D

♥ Claire @ Jazzpad

Sweets and Hearts said...

i love this outfit, ebony!!
(and i've missed reading your posts. funny
how you can be away from the blogging world
for a few days and you feel like you've missed
a lot!)

i wish it was cooler here so i could
wear boots again!

i just read the other post so i'm glad
you were able to find the other pair
that you wanted! :D

<3

Anonymous said...

You look adorable! I have terrible luck with shoes too. =(

Post a Comment

Everybody likes to be heard. I'm so happy you're taking the time to comment :) Make sure you leave a way for me to contact you back via email or blog! xox