Friday, June 18, 2010

Let's make a mix!

Words can not express how much I LOVE mix cd's and I know I'm not the only one.. What I loathe about making them is when I LATER think of a song that would be perfect to include. Argh! And there are a lot of 'mixtape' swaps going around, why don't we spread the love and put it all into one mix? :D


photo source

So let's start with the classic 'mixtape'... love songs. Falling in love, first loves, second loves, forbidden loves, surprise love, ballads... What's your favourite love song? They simply have to fit with the theme "Nice Day To Be In Love"...

Oh and do link me up to any particularly lovey photos (or drawings, or collages!) you have. I know some of you are amazing artists/in love right now and I'd love an excuse to peek at your snaps. Haha. I mean, I'd love to make a proper, more personal cover... What do you reckon?

16 comments:

Katie, thisloveblog.com said...

Oh gosh- an amazing, AMAZING love song is 18th floor balcony by blue october. it was my best friend's first dance song @ her wedding and it's just... perfect.

i also love "falling slowly" by glen hansard and marketa irglova, "falling in love at a coffee shop" by landon pigg, and it's country, but i still love it... "whatever it is" by zac brown band.

Lovers, Saints & Sailors said...

Nicest Thing by Kate Nash is a pretty damn sweet love song.

I Melt with You by Modern English is a definite favourite.

I Never - Rilo Kiley

Love Song by The Cure.

Such Great Heights by The Postal Service.

I could go on forever...

thegirlhassparke said...

Oh this is such a cute idea. I love Josh Groban, When you say you love me and Lifehouse You and Me.

Allana said...

"Push" by Sarah Mclachlan, our wedding song, moves me to sweet tears everytime :)

ohjoana said...

It's quite hard to pick one, that are some that are very personal and we always have a reason to pick them personally. One can be There Is A Light That Never Goes Out by The Smiths. I don't really like that much pop romantic songs, I think that are thousands of those, I like things which are more meaningful to me.

Love,
Joana

maggeygrace said...

I love reasons to love you by Meiko.....and for that matter I love how lucky we are by Meiko tooooo :)

Those are my additions!

And Love Story by Taylor Swift. Tehehehe.

Unknown said...

Ok I am going to tinypic the most lovey dovey photo I own! it's from 2 years ago on Liam's 21st birthday and although it's not the most flattering picture I adore what it reminds me of, and what I've still got :)

http://tinypic.com/r/1674io1/6

Thankyou for your darling darling comments on my blog lately, you're still the one I look out for the most :)

Yay! A sharing post! My song I would say is You Make My Dreams by Daryl Hall & John Oates... SUCH a feel good choone!

Love you miss!

Claire @ Jazzpad

Chloƫ, Wardrobe Quarry said...

The Saltwater Room - Owl City, that is my mine and my boyfriends song.

Unknown said...

Best idea!!
I love the song such great heights by postal service and You got the love by florence and the machine. I also adore clean white love by lisa mitchell but I know u love that song too! :)
♥ jess x

Gracie said...

Ahh love song...I'm so bad with these because a lot of the songs I like are sad or have a melancholy feel.

Maybe Kissing You - Des'ree - I do love this song a lot. :)

Anonymous said...

"We Should Always Be Together" by Billy Goodrum. Beautiful.

Sara said...

I am wayyy to tired to be online and I need sleep but I wanted to comment on your post! :)


I vote "walking after you" by the Foo Fighters, I think it was my first "love song". I also love "Island in the sun" by weezer, I want to dance to it with kyle at my wedding :)

Loves you!!!

XOXOXOXOX
~Sara

Alex said...

As a single girl, am I allowed something a bit different? I really like Independent Love Song by Scarlet.

Or for something a bit more normal, Amazing by Alex Lloyd is a wonderful song.

Anonymous said...

Thirteen by Ben Kweller
Devil's Tears by Angus and Julia Stone
The Way I am - Ingrid Michaelson

I like understated love songs that celebrate the little things rather than big 'larger than life' ballads!

Sweets and Hearts said...

my favorite love songs right now? :D

"you've got the love" and "falling" by florence + the machine
"the calculation" by regina spektor
"all yours" by metric

<3!

Ashley Morris said...

Just dropping in to say hi!

Let's see...I've been going through this "lovey-dovey" stage recently (I'm sure the boyfriend doesn't mind lol) so I've been trying to find some cute music, too. :)

Lately I've had "All I Want is You" by Barry Louis Polisar on repeat as well as "Sea of Love" by Cat Power

I wish I had more photos of the boy and I that I could share...but that's going to take me some getting used to my face in pictures again haha

Post a Comment

Everybody likes to be heard. I'm so happy you're taking the time to comment :) Make sure you leave a way for me to contact you back via email or blog! xox