Monday, June 28, 2010

Rock Quiz

I dunno, things aren't turning out as I'd hoped... my best friend Hannah has been up for the past week and I've seen her 3? times. This was one of the nights and it was a bit of a let down. The idea of a Rock & Roll quiz night seems pretty cool but seriously, there was about 4 questions I knew the answers to. Least I got another wear out of my 18th birthday dress ;) All these photos are Han's, I forgot my camera.


And yes, I totally rocked my boots but they didn't make it into the shot. Darn. It was also my first time attempting a smokey-eye look and I don't think I did too terribly :) Oh and that's Dawson. He's lovely. I can't wait to see more of him next year when I'm living in that big ol' city.


We ended up 4th out of 12 tables (no thanks to me, haha!) because we had a trivia buff on our table.. there's always one isn't there; that pulls answers to the most random questions out of nowhere - I wish I had a good enough memory to be one of those peeps one day, sadly I think that goal will go unreached :D


I do okay in the geography and music categories when it's a general quiz, but seriously - all these old school rock & roll questions killed me. So what's your stance on quiz nights? Love em? Hate em? What category do you specialise in? :)

16 comments:

Sara said...

Ebs you look fantastic! I am sorry that the night was not as fun as you would have wished, but all the pics are cute and sweet :)

Miss you!

XOXOXOX
~Sara

Unknown said...

You rock in the geography category?! Yaaaaay! :D You and me would make a kick ass quiz, I'm pretty good at film and general knowledge... though would fall flat on my face at any mention of sport... :S Hope you had a lovely time regardless, you look HAWT missy! phwoar haha!

Claire @ Jazzpad

Mel said...

Oh quiz nights are fun! I'd probably do best in a celebrity/movie/pop culture category since I know way too much about celebrities. Love your tights, and your friend's bouffant hair is so cool!

Gracie said...

You look awesome! I'm pretty hopeless at these quizzes. I know general stuff but after that I struggle. They are fun though :)

maggeygrace said...

Ebonyyy! You look SO gorgeous! Hot damn girl :)

I love the smokey eye!
You should try to debut your boots sooon, I'm excited to see them!

Also, I'm loving that "how lucky we are" by meiko is on your listening list. It's on my on-the-go ipod list right now tooo:) Such a cute song.

Maggii said...

mum says u look like an old westeren prosititute :D but then i told her wat it was 4 and she like ok :3

Margaret said...

i've never actually been to one!
you look gorgeous though :D
love the blog!
great posts
stop by some time xx

Lovers, Saints & Sailors said...

I am a quiz fiend! I specialise in music. Current, old, rock, blues, you name it - I know it.
Totally not blowing my own horn but if you ever need the "phone a friend" option, I've got your back ;)

Sweets and Hearts said...

oh wow, this is such a different look for you but i LOVE it! very glam-rock! :D

seems like such a fun night! me and my friends have never done a quiz night (guess it's not as popular here?) but i would like to! i get really competitive though...and i'm a sore loser. i don't like to lose. :P i would've failed at old school rock&roll lol.

ahhh well. at least you looked good! ^_^

<3

ellie said...

I so love your tights. Fun night.

Katie, thisloveblog.com said...

HA. My best friends and I always joke that we should be a trivia team! I suck at sports, but they rock. I have a friend that's amazing at geography and history, while I'm the expert on pop culture. I kind of own at "scene it".

Tillie said...

hahah I love this! You look wonderful! Oh i was wondering have you received your goodies yet? silly post service taking so long xox

Amanda said...

You look awesome Ebony! Hehe, totally love this rocker chic look on you!

I love quiz nights, I just wish I had more of them!

Meghan said...

You look incredible! I LOVE the outfit! I love quiz nights, too! I try and specialize in general pop culture:)

Chloƫ, Wardrobe Quarry said...

Haha, great shots, looks like a fun night.

And thanks for the comment, I now have someone that wants to share a house with me, except now we need to get the house, which is even more stressful, we are looking for a 3rd person to be in on it, Oh Ebony, it would be so lovely if you could move here, haha.

Lauren said...

That's awesome, looks like so much fun!

Post a Comment

Everybody likes to be heard. I'm so happy you're taking the time to comment :) Make sure you leave a way for me to contact you back via email or blog! xox