Thursday, June 17, 2010

My weekend away...



Got picked up at the airport by Donna and Hannah; we took off to Freo to find a cocktail dress for David's Football Ball in July. The second dress (first shop) I tried on fit like a glove and although it's probably going to be one of the "less ballgown" there, I'm happy with it. I got it at 40% off (and resisted buying another dress for kicks) AND it is totally wearable again... I can't wait to show you guys!

That night we went out to Grill'd in Mt Lawley. It's this funky burger joint and I wish I'd taken my camera. On the menu they advertised 'gluten free rolls' with a side note '*may contain gluten' LOL. Hannah and I laughed so hard... Oh and Mt Lawley is the suburb my Uni's located in. It is the funkiest place, with all these little shops including Planet Books (more on that later...)




As most of you should know, I was heading down for my bestie's 19th Birthday party. The theme was 'Dr Suess' and on Saturday morning Hannah got to work on my costume. I bought two XL big orange shirts from Best & Less (can't beat $3.50ea! haha) and Hannah took them in and cut them up into an amazing orange dress. She also made her own Fox costume out of a couple of blankets. That girl has skillzzz :D Here's me as Sue from the book 'Fox in Socks' (Hannah's fave)...


Saturday night went off without a hitch. I played Sue(sie) homemaker and cooked all the food and cleaned up a smashed bottle here and there... Just like Han and Tahls did at mine. I seriously have the best friends. Oh and here's a few photos of people in costume. I didn't get a group shot of everyone because there were people to-ing and fro-ing all night..



I just can't describe how much fun it was! Donna's (in the yellow jumpsuit as Knox) costume was handmade by her mum and Ian and Matt really went above and beyond with their makeup and making Ian's wings! I love it when people make the effort, although the 15 or so people that weren't dressed up also made the party was a success - they just didn't get to be in my photos. Haha!


Spent the morning recovering and then went into Fremantle with Tom. Still in love with the place. Sunday evening Hannah and I had to say goodbye to Donna :( I watched Dawson's creek for the first time and am 3 eps in and loving it. I can't help but feel sorry for poor little Katie Holmes now that she's a posh-lookalike trapped in a relationship with alien-loving Tom Cruise. Haha.



Monday avo was the perfect time to meet up with Daniel Ferreira. He is the nicest guy you could ever meet... I don't think I've ever heard him say anything mean about anyone, ever. But anyway, he used to live in Tom Price and I hadn't seen him in about a year... so it was great catching up with one of my best friends. And I love that photo of us. No editing - just wonderful lighting from the sunset :D



We went to Han's Cafe (yummy asian food) and browsed EB Games. I bought the new Sims 3 Expansion (ambitions) and Angus & Julia Stone's first 2 CDs. And we met a lovely sales guy in The Basement at Myer named Jonathon who was so helpful and lovely! He'd only been there a month and was just so knowledgable. Definitely hope to see him again next year.


We also stopped in at my favourite stationary shop, spent some time in Myer testing the perfumes and found me some medium-heeled shoes in Novo. Again, black and wearable in a more casual setting and I didn't take them up on their 'Second Pair Half Price' deal because that's not really saving is it? :D


Here's me trying my first bubble tea from Utopia.  It was Peach Milk tea and it was yummmy - I will definitely be a regular next year. Excuse the tired eyes. Being around my best friends means wanting to cram in as much time and as little sleep as possible :D


Monday evening (I flew out the next day) Han and I grabbed fish & chips in Mt Lawley and then browsed Planet Books. Which is open until midnight? I think. It's attached to Planet video which has clothing and THE biggest range of movies and music. It's heaven. I found an awesome book called 'The Creative License' and will definitely be sharing soon. This place will be my downfall next year; it's only 5 mins away from my Uni and it would take HOURS to peruse the whole place. Oh and look at what I found in the stationary/gift section!

Little Mo & Friends! The first thing I ever bought off etsy was a Little Mo Tote Bag... it's awesome to see her stuff doing so well. I mean, this store is epic. So I had to take a photo and share it with you all. Seriously, go check out her sweet as pie products here.

Alrighty, so if you got through all that ramble in one sitting you deserve a prize. Unfortunately I don't have one for you so hopefully the fun photos were enough! Now I'm off to go catch up on what all you have been up to.

15 comments:

eleanor said...

this looks like such a fun weekend, lucky you!

oh my, its kikki k! words cannot express how much of a kikki k fan i am. i spend so much money there... but i use stationary every day so its justifiable...

and that tea sounds yummy!

X

Lovers, Saints & Sailors said...

Sounds like you had a blast! I love stationery stores too. My problem is I never want to part with the pretty cards I buy!

E said...

your weekend looks like so much fun! i love your dr seuss costume, haha. its adorable on you!


heyfancypants.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Hahaa whoa blog overload! In the best possible way :) Sounds like you had a lovely weekend, and that Dr Seuss themed-party sounds fantastic :D So much fun! Your resemblance is uncanny my dear,

Claire @ Jazzpad

Chloƫ, Wardrobe Quarry said...

Oh wow, that is a jam packed weekend, sounds awesome, I'm glad you had fun. Your friend is really talented with sewing it seems.

Sweets and Hearts said...

so many adventures with so many friends!! and you look super cute, of course ^_^

i LOVE the idea of a dr. seuss themed party. your costume came out perfectly (and so did your friends'! i spy thing 1 & thing 2, the cat in the hat, and the grinch hehe). booooo to those who didn't dress up. that always makes me sad lol.

i miss dawson's creek! i used to watch it a long time ago but eventually forgot about it, and now when i watch re-runs i get sucked in again. i'd like to watch it from the beginning sometime :D

peach milk tea? sounds yummy! and planet books looks like a place i'd like to browse.

seems like you've been having lots of fun!!

i've missed you! <3

Alex said...

Sounds like an amazing weekend, especially all that stationery and book shopping! Heaven. And I love all the costumes - looks like quite a party!

The picture of you and Daniel is just wonderful. Hopefully this doesn't come across in an entirely weird way but you know when you look at people and can just tell that they're lovely inside and out? Well, that pic is a perfect example.

thegirlhassparke said...

It looks like you had such a wonderful weekend. I love that Dr Seuss was the theme of the party, you all looked great. Oh I love Kiki K too, I cant go in there without buying something. That bookstore looks amazing!

Sara said...

Hey Ebs! :)

I am so glad that you are back! I missed you lots! I am so excited for you for next year at Uni, everything loks so exciting! I love your Dr.Suess costume, you are so frekin' cute! I am glad that you had fun, you deserve it, you work hard and I am so happy for you when you are going to be at Uni, I am so proud! (cue sniffle noise lol) :D :D

I miss you lots. I am going to write out letters this weekend, :)

XOXOXOX
~Sara

*PS-I love your little red hat!

Sarah said...

you are sooo cute! loving your fancy dress costume! and the floral skirt is really sweet xx

m. said...

i am so glad you had a wonderful weekend dear :)

Carrie Fagan said...

i stumbled across your blog through Freckled nest i think. any who. i love your costume. When I was in Melbourne last year I noticed themed parties are a must.

you have a new follower!
http://theappleseedblog.blogspot.com/

stephanieesstar said...

That sounds like such a fun trip! The book store looks so nice and I wish we had a cute stationery store like that! I'm glad you got to spend so much time with friends! It's so exciting that you'll have such a cute little town to live in while at Uni!

Belen said...

I'm glad you had a great time! I'm super jealous of the fact that you have stationary stores. Ours were closed years ago when I was younger. Now we have mass-producing stores with little to no stationary. :/ Like Wal-Mart. Sigh. I'm hoping to go on a hunt next week for some small stationary shops. I hope I find one!

Marie McGrath (The Joy of Fashion) said...

What fun photos!! Thanks for sharing, these really made me smile :)

www.thejoyoffashion.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Everybody likes to be heard. I'm so happy you're taking the time to comment :) Make sure you leave a way for me to contact you back via email or blog! xox