
Can't take complete credit with this one; the task entailed lifting one of Leslie Coltrain's layouts. Btw, 'scrap lifting' comes from the term 'shop lifting' but unlike it's origin isn't frowned upon in the scrapbooking society. It pretty much means taking inspiration from a page you've seen and crediting them. Task 1 in each monthly portfolio is always a lift and it's great to get the mojo flowing. I chose to use my favourite photo from The Big Day Out... yes, that's how close I got to Ms Lily Allen!

I took these photos when we were staying at David's parents' in Perth, knowing that they would make for a cute page :) Alot of the prompts his month were about love, it being Valentine's Day and all that, and this one asked for you to create a page using your favourite song lyrics. I used my favourite Nada Surf line; "To make a mountain of your life is just a choice" :)

Every month there is also 5 prompts for something called the 'Book of Me'. You have to pick 3 of them and it's my favourite section. I try to make them all look the same as I might actually print it out at the end of the year and use it as a coffee book. Does that sound vain? Oh well. Here we had to scrap our favourite colour, I also 'lifted' Mary's work in order to complete another challenge - two birds with one stone! Woo!

I was actually super proud of this one. I originally started with just the top half, but thought it needed a little extra, so I added some titling and that little cluster on the left. I suck at clustering, I'm more a graphic sort of girl than one who favours lots of layers, but I'm slowly getting the hang of it. My favourite designer even commented it saying she loved it. Head swelling!

This one is my latest so far. Yet another 'Book of Me' task. I used an amazing mask to get all those different shapes so I didn't have to cut them up etc. I used the same alpha and page collection (but just different placement) to continue the theme. I had a lot of fun making this one, but it seriously took me forever to be happy with it. What can I say, I'm a Virgo. Hehe.
Anyway, thanks for reading all that. Just wanted to do a bit of showing off. Regular programming will resume tomorrow, and by regular I don't mean non existent. Click each image for a bigger version and full credits :)
13 comments:
Wow all your pages look great. I think the coffee book is a good idea. My favourite is the top one i cant believe you were that close to Lily. I could barely see her from where i was :-(
wow these are great pages, I used to do scrapbooking but i havent been able to find time for a long time.
I've never been a fan of wine, until recently my friend made me try mosscato and it is truely amazing and not 'top end' so I think you should try it.
Soooo cute! This definitely makes me want to scrapbook more often.
I love all of them Ebony!
The first one is very sweet, and the kitties!!! lol they are so cute! You are so creative, really, these look great. I really do hope that you continue to post these, they are so pretty and fun to look at.
I got your postcard on Saturday! Now I just need stamp. I am kinda of always scared about buying things that I might have, then turning around to realize that I don't actually have them at home. ugh. like having too many stamps is a bad thing you know? lol.
Anyways, I am going to go email you now, lots to blab about :D
XOXOX ~Sara
These are so cool! What a great project for posterity!
Wow, what a cool and lovely project. The different layouts are all so good, couldn't quite settle for one. If i had to really choose one, i would go for the 3rd! ;)
And yeah, you were that close to Lily Allen! *jealous.
Awwwwh thanks for following & joining me blog giveaway !! I was super excited to also know you are from WA ! & even more that you visit/plan on moving to Perth ! Hurrah, such a lovely thing to know that there are more perth bloggers out there ;)
You have a fabulous blog ! It's so cute all your adventures you post about with your boyfriend & such !
x
you're so creative! I love the last one best! :)
Gorgeous pages Ebony... I love the last one x
Wow! You do such a great job with your pages!
lol! i don't mind commenting on the same post. i'd feel worse if i never even replied!
i really like seeing your scrapbooking pages. you're super creative and i think it's a fun way to display your photos. the cutesy-valentine "love" one with your bf is adorable!
and you so should make a coffee table book of your "you" pages hehe. i totally would. heck, maybe i will someday! ;D
p.s. we may not be "real life" friends, but maybe i could make you a le sac dress for your birthday or christmas or something? when's your birthday anyway? maybe we can swap gifts! ^_^
Looks fantastic! I am an avid scrapbooker, the old fashioned kind with paper and embellishments (for everyday pics); and the *cool* way, by creating photo books online which can later be published (for holiday travel pics).
So I really wish we could 'message' eachother here in the blogging world like with chictopia (do you have one?)
Where do you live? I'm sure it's somewhere on your profile....but I'm still learning about this whole blogging sphere!
Heh! I love love. And I love people! your blog is too cute. Really. And these scrapbook pages are AMAZINGGG!
Love,
Magpie:)
Post a Comment
Everybody likes to be heard. I'm so happy you're taking the time to comment :) Make sure you leave a way for me to contact you back via email or blog! xox