Thursday, February 11, 2010

Oh Karaoke!


As mentioned in my previous post, I made my karaoke debut last weekend in Perth. We got on the net and checked out the local guide in search of a place holding one of these nights. We decided on a little tavern that held one every Saturday, at least we wouldn't be the only ones there?

There was about quite a few there, mostly oldies and boy were they good at it! We decided to make up 'stage names' if you will, to save embarrassment. Hannah and Donna picked out songs and quickly handed them in, but I was crapping myself! When was the last time I played singstar? Not in over a year! Eep. After 3 drinks (with no desire to buy anymore) I decided it was now or never.

"When the niiight falls down, I wait for you and you come-arouund."

"They say in hea-ven, love. comes. first! We'll make heaven aah place on ea-rth..."

Instrumental in your song choice + friends taking photos = the above.


Man I had a blast! The cheering at the end was a bit overwhelming... kinda made me wish I had used my real name :p We made sure to get some bathroom snaps > look how stoked we look with life. I am so going again next time I'm down :) Thinking about trying out karaoke? Do it. Definitely.

Outfit Details: Top/Blue Juice, Jeans/ Jeanswest, Shoes/Betts, Bag/Blue Bird

10 comments:

Madeline Veenstra said...

Gorgeous! That's so brave of you :)

Sara said...

OMG how fun! I have never gone, too chicken lol. You guys look like you had a lot of fun, that second to last pic of you is too cute! lol.

I have to say that your hair looks great, the darker color really makes your eyes pop, very pretty!

Oh and I love your outfit, the colors are great. I want to steal that top. :P

Eyeliah said...

ha fun! I had a few years where I was sooo into karaoke, it was all abnout Madonna, Sherly Crow and Bohemian Rhapsody.

Tieka, Selective Potential said...

Awwww how fun! I want to do karaoke so bad! You've inspired me now! :)

Anonymous said...

i love your outfit, very simple but chic. you're so brave to do karaoke, i could never do it!

www.messyourhairup.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

ps i just realised i never replied to your question about adam green, how rude of me! you probably have heard of him but don't know it, he was in the moldy peaches (they did that song from the film juno), then went solo. to be honest all his albums are great, but maybe check out 'jacket full of danger' or 'gemstones', they're my faves :)

www.messyourhairup.blogspot.com

Kat said...

we had karaoke at my cousin's wedding. It was so much fun and towards the end of the night became quite hilarious!

Kyla said...

First, those jeans look AH-MAZING on you! Second, karaoke is a blast! A few years ago, we used to go every Thursday night for about a year and a half straight. It was so much fun! Unfortunately, friends have moved away and the scene just isn't what is used to be. But there sure are days when I miss it!

piglet said...

These are adorable!

Sweets and Hearts said...

lol!! ohhh kareoke. i HATE singing in front of people (i get waaay nervous!), so i'm proud of you for sucking it up and giving it a go.

love your outfit! and your makeup looks really pretty here.

yay for drinks + kareoke with friends!

<3

Post a Comment

Everybody likes to be heard. I'm so happy you're taking the time to comment :) Make sure you leave a way for me to contact you back via email or blog! xox