
After snapping some shots for you lovelies I got straight into reading. Spoonful contained a whole bunch of stuff about defining happiness, some poems, some stories and a 3 page spread on hot air balloons (which made me think of the necklace I have in my etsy favourites - I can't wait until the owner comes back from holidays). It was all in all a great read.

It was just long enough to keep me entertained for a good 15 minutes (as much as I love magazines; sometimes it's just too much info and I find myself skimming it/getting sick of it completely and having to come back later.) and left me with a smile on my face. I will definitely be buying issue 2 and recommend you do too. I mean, yes it's $7.20 and you could buy a much bigger, flashier mag such as Cosmo for that price, but I feel as though the insight in this little zine is sorta priceless.

It had started to rain by this point and the cats were keen to go outside to watch it pouring off the verandah (weird I know! The cats actually love water), but when the thunder settled in they sat close (especially Tibs) to their mumma and seemed to feel safer :) Yet another reason for me to smile.

I also purchased the first 4 issues of 'Barefoot In The Kitchen' for $16.00au and although I didn't have time to read all of it, I can't wait to try the recipes. I'm not vegan, heck I'm not even vegetarian... but I don't mind the taste of tofu and I'd love to be able to cook up some amazing dishes without using meat products. Just broadening my horizons you know? Some of the ingredients you probably can't get at our Coles Supermarket - so those recipes will have to wait until I move to the city next year!

'Bird In The Hand' also included a copy of YOU for free. YOU is a letter from somebody to you, pretty much just a journal entry/snapshot in time. They're only $0.01au which is as free as you can get. You simply pay for postage and they claim to send you as many as they can stuff in an envelope :p

So yes, long story short; I highly recommend Spoonful.
Even Mischa loved it.
15 comments:
Can't think of a better way to spend time a power outage.
Your kitty reminds me of my kitty... if I am divulging my attention in anything other than her she just strolls right over and flops down on top of it... then she rolls onto her back, stretches out her jazz hands and says "look at me, I'm so cute! you know you want to rub this belly"!
Your cats are beautiful! Oh how I yearn for a cat!
oh the kitty paw!
Hey Eb!
Spoonful looks amazing, now that I get what a zine is. I really like the covers of barefoot in the kitchen. I cannot wait to see what you create. :)
Your kitties are soooo cute! How sweet of them to cuddle up next to you. Bary and Louie fight sometimes on who gets to sit by me. Mary likes Kyle more unless I have food. lol.
I also love your new pic! You look adorable in that hat. :)
xoxo
~Sara
Kitty paw. SOOOOO cute!
ohh i LOVE getting a great package in the mail.
Oh I have never bought a zine but i think i will have to try it.
There is a hot air balloon necklace on etsy that i want too. I wonder if it is the same one?
this spoonful magazine sounds so intriguing! i must check it out! :D
If for no other reason, the cover it breath taking and I'm smitten!
I'm also quite taken with your lovely blog!
Thank you!!!
Spoon looks cool, I'll check it out!
www.sonyasark.blogspot.com
this zine looks so so wonderful!
Thanks for checking out my blog and leaving such a wonderful comment!
I posted a new thread about my silly kitty and I may have happened to mention your kitties and my kitty have something in common. :)
Re: sunrashes; I get those sooooo bad! I have to load on the sunscreen whenever I go outside, but the odd thing is that I *do* tan. I rash, then tan.
Aaaahhh... solitude. I go crazy if I don't get my 'me' time!
Spoonful looks good... Have a great weekend Ebony!
yay! you got your awesome zines in the mail. i really like the idea of that YOU letter. what was yours about anyway? the 'barefoot in the kitchen' ones sounds cool too. i hope you blog about the recipes if you try them out (i'm not vegan/vegetarian either, but it'd be fun to see what they have!). also, i can't get over how pretty 'spoonful' is!
oh you so should start a zine! even if you don't like the way you draw, it doesn't exactly have to be the focus. maybe you could take pictures and post those instead. what kind of zine were you thinking about? poetry? stories? awesome randomness?
and yes, i consider us real friends too! :D my birthday is june 23rd (we're both summer babies! hehe). i think a gift exchange would be fun, yeah??
thanks for giving me your e-mail! it'll be helpful when our commenting gets obsessive haha. mine is sweetsandhearts@gmail.com if you ever need it.
<3
I came home to Vogue, four editions of MAP magazine and Mixtape this week. Sigh. Can't contain myself. I want to read them all at once.
Ebony!! I'm so very pleased that you liked Spoonful, it's a legitimate pleasure to see that we have such lovely eloquent (and beautiful!!) readers!!
Also, to let you know, you can buy Spoonful directly from spoonfulzine.com (in which case it's $6.50 plus postage) and comes right into your mailbox :)
Have a beautiful day, I'm loving your blog!! Off to read more of your posts!
thea.
xx
(spoonful editor)
Post a Comment
Everybody likes to be heard. I'm so happy you're taking the time to comment :) Make sure you leave a way for me to contact you back via email or blog! xox