
New Years began with my best friends in Marion Bay, Tasmania. I'd never really heard The Hives stuff before, but the atmosphere was electric. And cold, it was so cold I ended up going to 'sleeping bag' by 3am.

I saw Soko perform and fell in love with her quirky style of singing and dressing.

It was the first time I had been camping in ages & I loved spending it with my old childhood friends. The Falls Festival really opened my eyes to new music & new experiences.

I reconnected with my big brother (we hadn't seen each other since we were ten, (that's him on the left) & had a blast meeting his friends.

I spent a month in Tasmania & most nights were spent looking at this whilst talking to my boyfriend on the train tracks (it's so hard to get network in my hometown). I ended up cutting my trip away in half to get back to him, as soon as I got back we moved in together.
February
David & I went to see our first concert together; Coldplay. It was the most surreal experience.. They didn't play my favourite song 'Don't Panic', but their entire set was just magical.

David & I went to see our first concert together; Coldplay. It was the most surreal experience.. They didn't play my favourite song 'Don't Panic', but their entire set was just magical.

The next week & a half was spent on David's parents boat, this was the last thing I would see every night before going into our cosy little cabin. (I didn't even get too sea sick!)
I'm a terrible fisher(wo)man, but at Rottnest I found I had a knack for 'squidding'. I love calimari, it's 100 times better when you catch & cook it yourself.
This was the first picture we put up of us in our house. It's still one of my favourites!
These are our little babies a few days after we brought them home. Mischa & Tibby, we couldn't have adopted better kitties.June
David & I travelled to Perth for my best friend Hannah's 18th. We dressed up as 'mythical creatures' and had a ball.

David & I travelled to Perth for my best friend Hannah's 18th. We dressed up as 'mythical creatures' and had a ball.

On June 26th, I was told my dad had taken his own life. This is the only photo of us I have. Saying it was a hard time on me & my family would be an understatement. Being on the other side of the country away from his side of the family made it so much harder to grasp the reality of what was happening. Coincedentally, my mum and our family already had tickets booked for early July to visit Tasmania.
July

David took time off work at the last minute to come with me, I don't know what I would have done without him. Family came from as far as Nottingham to be together, here's a pic of David meeting my little brother (in the blue) and sister (the lime in the front), as well as all my Campbell cousins for the first time.

David took time off work at the last minute to come with me, I don't know what I would have done without him. Family came from as far as Nottingham to be together, here's a pic of David meeting my little brother (in the blue) and sister (the lime in the front), as well as all my Campbell cousins for the first time.

David had never been to Tasmania, so I made sure to show him the sites. We saw snow, went on a ghost tour in Port Arthur & visited The Salamanca Markets in Hobart. This is the Launceston Cataract Gorge, it's my favourite place on earth.
August

I celebrated my own 18th Birthday, Monte Carlo style. My 2 best friends made the trip up from Perth for it, that was the best present. Although I was legally allowed to drink now, I only had 2 the entire night. I was too busy dancing :)
September

We took another trip to the coast..the boys fished, I shopped. It's always good to get away from our little inland town, even if it takes 6 hours to get to the closest beach.

We took another trip to the coast..the boys fished, I shopped. It's always good to get away from our little inland town, even if it takes 6 hours to get to the closest beach.

My netball team of 4 years FINALLY took out the (B Grade) Grand Final. We went undefeated all season and had alot of fun; I discovered I'm a kick arse centre player. That's me 2nd from the right.
October

We finally bought a computer! We rearranged the house & I started the nesting process I never seemed to have time for before. It was only a matter of time now until we got the internet connected & I could Skype with my family in Tas :)

I went to my first charity event! The Pink Ribbon Breakfast was an eye-opening event and there was delicious food involved. Next year I would really like to be involved with running something like that.
November

Our local French-Canadian JF hosted a Wine & Cheese Night as his leaving party and I came to realise I am definitely a top shelf kind of girl. It was marvellous fun tasting a variety of wines & cheeses from around the world & feeling very cultured.

That said, having home made Pina Coladas at Amy's 18th was also a blast. We danced all night & a few people went swimming. I felt really confident in my new black 1 piece. This night just stands out as a highlight.
December

David and I celebrated our one year anniversary on the 5th of December in Perth. After just a year, I know that he & I are meant to be together. I have never felt this way about anyone, we are so comfortable around eachother & have made it through so much together. I love him more than life.
2009 has been the best & worst year of my life. It's been really nice being able to share my thoughts & day-to-day happenings on my blog. I can't wait to read & share our 2010! If you've gotten this far, make sure you comment so I can congratulate you :)
15 comments:
what a great idea! and looks like a great year too =)
thanks for visiting my blog, your comment made my day!
~lydia
Looks like you had a great year. Blogging about it is a great way to look back and remember it all :)
lovely recap, concerts are always a big part of my highlights too! :)
Wow, it sounds like you had one amazing year!!! I didn't know about what happened to your dad. I'm so sorry about that. That is great David was able to be with you every step of the way. And I know what you mean about how you feel about your boyfriend... I feel the same with my husband! Isn't it amazing?!? Here's to a great year in 2010!
clothedmuch.blogspot.com
What a big year for you! I hope 2010 brings you all you are hoping for. Love your blog too!
I loved reading this post! You and David are adorableee.. I love that final photo! <3
AWH! I love Soko! & Congratulations on you & your boyfriend! I'm sorry to hear about your Papa. :(
that picture of you and your man is so cute! love it.
sorry to hear about your dad.
you might not be a good fisherwoman, but you're a cute one! haha your hair looks awesome.
I went to Tassie last year and really loved it, ESPECIALLY cataract gorge, the most beautiful natural place I've ever seen - so glad someone else appreciates it too! and I loved port arthur away.
this is a really good idea for a post. and your anniversary's on my boyfriend's birthday! strange.
amazed youve got your own house at 18 as well! I'm 19 and so dependent on my parents haha.
love the blog! xx
Great post.. So sorry to hear about your dad, though. Have a great year in 2010!
http://thenovembergirl.blogspot.com
You never fail to amaze me, I love reading about your life... And being a part of it (even if I only get to see you on occasion). I'm so glad we'll be able to spend the start of 2010 together! xxx
Sounds like you had a fun year! Hope 2010 is just as great for you :)
This is a great post! You and David are so cute! I love reading about your life! I think I am doing my student teaching in Perth in a few years and after reading your blog I am definitely excited! Keep up the great work! :)
What a lovely post!
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOUUU :)
You and David are such cuties!!
All the best for 2010.
hey, thanks for the comment on my blog!
me too, i thought polka was tacky when it came back in style in '07 or '08... but now, i love it! :D
i'm following you guys...
hope we could exchange links..
happy new year!
gizellefaye.blogspot.com
I'm excited to follow your blog in 2010. I'm convinced the best is yet to come... and in 2010 it's coming!
Post a Comment
Everybody likes to be heard. I'm so happy you're taking the time to comment :) Make sure you leave a way for me to contact you back via email or blog! xox