Total time: 50 minutes - Makes: 12

What you need:
2/3 cup (160ml) of vegetable oil
3/4 cup (165g) firmly packed brown sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoon finely grated orange rind
1 1/2 cups (210g) firmly packed coarsely grated carrot
1 3/4 (260g) self-raising flour
1/4 teaspoon bicarb soda
1 teaspoon of mixed spice (we've forgotten this both times and it has still turned out nummy, so don't stress if you don't have/can't find this)
For the orange glace icing:
2 cups (320g) icing sugar
20g butter, melted
2 tablespoons orange juice

What you do:
1. Preheat oven to 180º/160ºC fan forced. (That's 356ºF for you Americans!)
2. Put 12 patty pans in a muffin tray.
3. Beat oil, sugar, eggs and rind in small bowl with electric mixer. (We used a little handheld whisky thing) Do this until thick & creamy.
4. Transfer to large bowl; stir in carrot and then sifted dry ingredients.
5. Spoon mixture into paper cases and bake for about 30 minutes. Allow to cool on rack.
6. Start on your icing after about 5-10 mins; sift icing sugar into small heatproof bowl; stir in butter and enough juice to make a firm paste. Stir over small saucepan of simmering water until spreadable :)

Again, you could probably skip the bowl over heated water, it would just mean the icing would be thicker and you'd probably have to make more. *Simple trick* Use a heated knife (run it under hot water) to spread your icing. We also just dipped a few cupcakes into the icing and twisted, that seemed to work too!
And yes, I'm wearing that Sportsgirl dress backwards Kate :p I put it on that way and decided to wear it like that all day. Hehe.
22 comments:
Ooooh Ebony they look delish! My (not very macho) brother has recently got into baking with his girlfriend, I'll pass this recipe on so I can try em out ha! jazzy ♥
Yumbo!
What does the dress look like the other way? I think it looks great backwards ;)
Cupcakes are ze best! ahoy! :D
P.S. I can't wait for you to come to Perth! *hugsss*
They look soo yummy! Womens weekly cookbooks always have the most delicious recipes.
xx Carina
these sound & look so so yummy.
im'a have to try this recipe out soon!
vivatramp.blogspot.com
they look delicious! I haven't baked in ages and I really want too. I will have to make something this weekend.
adorable
xx
Yum carrot and orange are such a good combination!
Oh scrummy - will have to give them a try!
PS. love the dress!! - backwards or not xx
nom nom nom! I want!! Ebs you are so sweet I love that you converted it for Americans :D You do so much yummy baking and cooking! You need to visit like NOW!
Loves you! I hope you are having a good week :)
XOXOXOXOXO
XOXO
~Sara
Oh my yum! This sounds completely amazing. And, being the girl who gets a wild, domestic hair constantly, I WILL be trying these out! lol
Thanks for sharing! :D
xoxo
Oh my, those cupcakes looks so delicious! I definitely won't be able to make it.. cooking is so not me.. hehehee... ;p
http://thenovembergirl.blogspot.com
Ah I want these!!! I'm so hungry now, damn you! :D That looks really really delicious, and the pictures look amazing, you are a natural with that camera! Yum!
Lauren
Sparrow & Urchin
Such cute pictures! Your camera is doing marvelous work :) And so are you! These cupcakes look delicious!!
I love the print of your dress! Cuteeee.
Nom nom nom! I'll be adding this to the list of recipes to try. I do need to buy oranges and carrots first though...
ps - I was totally talking about you! Love you too hun. I'm so glad that that comment of mine meant something to you in the first place and that it continues to make you feel good. You're wonderful.
:)
i'll be making these today.
delicious!
YUM that looks delicious! And can I say how much I adore your floral dress?
oh no your blog is going to be bad for my waistline! I need to cook more cupcakes. You're such a beauty and I'm so glad I found your blog! x
can i please have one :)
Those sound delicious! I can't wait to try making them! And I think your dress looks adorable! I don't know what the front looks like, but you make it look like it's supposed to be worn that way!
Yummo! Those cupcakes look so delicious! I looove carrot cake so these are right up my alley!
Post a Comment
Everybody likes to be heard. I'm so happy you're taking the time to comment :) Make sure you leave a way for me to contact you back via email or blog! xox