
That's all of them on their Buck's trip. As you can see, David's a shortie (which is funny, because I am not.) and the groom is the one to the right of him. Now, this wedding.. I'm a little nervous. The last time I was at a wedding I was uh, 6. And the flower girl.

This time David's the best man and I'm seated on a table with a bunch of his best mate's (as everyone pictured is in the bridal party) girlfriends. But they're not just girlfriends, they're also the Groom's really good mates. They're all one big happy family and we've hung out a couple of times and well, it was awkward. I was the odd one out and I'm scared it will be exactly the same. And I'm scared my dress won't be appropriate. Argh! But mainly the girls/table thing - I'm not a girl's girl. I don't know what it is but girls as a whole don't like me. Do any of you have the same problem? Advice please. Haha.
So yep, we leave tomorrow and jump straight into looking at houses. Both the ones I already shared on this blog are on our viewing list. The same agent is reppin a bunch of houses we love so that's already a positive sign :) Will be a little easier if we're just negotiating with one person. I think. I dunno. I've never bought a house before. David has and he said we're not going to let on his job if possible. (He makes better than average money.) I told him he can do all the dodging and lying. I'll just state truthfully that I'm a Uni student (ie. poor!) That still feels pretty cool to say/type :)


I took my camera to lunch the other day and took photos of my food. I even had the courage to ask the waitress to take a pic of Kim and I, but I couldn't work up the nerve to ask anyone to take an outfit pic for me. And the tripod and me aren't agreeing so you can have this photo as an example of what I wore. Yep, that dress again - but with sandals, a sash and a gold key necklace. Plus I rolled the sleeves up. Oh and look at that cool plait! Yeah I've been watching Dawson's Creek (onto the 3rd season) a bit and was feeling a little 90s cool. Say hi to my new remote btw. Now to get a bag, a sturdier tripod and a 50mm lense and I will be in bizz-ness! (Yep, said exactly like that.)

Have a great time while I'm gone! (and wish me luck - eep!) I will have 100s of photos to show you when I get back (woo new camera) so brace yourselves :) Miss you already.
25 comments:
Wow - sounds like you are in for an exciting few days! I hope the wedding and subsequent social experiences run smoothly for you - it is hard to fit in with girls sometimes, especially when they are so cliquey. You will be great though!!
Good luck with the house hunting too - I hope you find the one that speaks to you (um, figuratively hopefully not physically - that's just creepy!)
I look forward to seeing your pics when you get back :)
Good luck, I know it'll be fun! Hope you find a good house! Maybe you're just on the shy side, but I'm sure the girls don't dislike you or anything! Perhaps you should put yourself out there, and just BE YOURSELF! Haha I still haven't worked up the courage to ask anyone to snap my outfit pictures (except my best friend, since she knows I have a blog). Love your dress, especially the print, and that key necklace!
Firstly, look at you mrs exercise queen! You put my weekly trip to netball to shame haha. Please let me know when you get the dress through the post! It may well be there when you arrive :) jazzy ♥
And scary bananas talking about houses eh! :S Me and Liam have been having similar discussions lately, but like you guys, I'm poor so he'll have to take the brunt of adult responsibility ha!
Good luck, it will be a fantastic time! I hope that have luck finding a house too. Thinking of you - these pictures are so cute, I like the one of your crush ;) Older men, hey? Love it. Have fun girl! x
I have that problem too with girls but at events like weddings, normally everyone is in a jovial mood and hopefully things will flow a bit easier than previously! I'm sure you'll look lovely anyway so don't worry about your dress. Good luck on the house hunting too!
aw! i'm sure you'll have tons of fun! :D i love how you posted about your first ever crush, hahaha. i remember my first crush back in kindergarten, on a matt parnham. he still lives in the city that i do, and i found him recently on facebook... totally grew up to be not what i'd ever look for in a guy, lol.
xoxo,
belen
Yay for weddings, I bet you will have a great time! Just be yourself, don't drink too much and everyone will adore you. Love that you are watching Dawson's Creek too haha!
Ebs, I have joined the SLR gang! Just off to collect it shortly, squeeeeeeee!!
Alas I'm not on Facebook. Otherwise I'd defo be your friend on there, you know that! Your love for Labyrinth makes me like you that little bit more ;-)
Anyway, enough rambling by me. I'm sure the wedding will be fine. I know it's awkward when you're with a big gang of people who all know each other (presumably David will be on the top table?) but they sound like a nice gang of people so I'm sure they'll be friendly and happy to see you. No dress panicking allowed - you'll look gorgeous!
Oh I know how you feel, feeling awkward sitting away from your partner for the wedding, I had to do this once! It turned out to be a good night anyway though.
look how pretty you are! I like the little braid on you :)
Baby ebs!!!!! Well very young ebs lol :) You are so adorable!! I love seeing people's little kid pics, they are so sweet :)
Have fun during your holiday missy! I will miss you!
XOXOXOXOX
XXOO
~Sara
Good luck at the wedding! I think I would feel the same. It's awkward hanging out with other girls that you don't really know. Especially if you don't know ANY of them.
Good luck! I find that when I am in an uncomfortable situation, a strong cocktail usually helps
That dress is so cute!
I know exactly how you feel, Brendan had a really tight group of friends that I had to infiltrate my way into. I am a girly girl but I always find a group of girls I dont know very well intimidating. My advice have a glass of wine, ask them lots of questions (people love talking about themselves) and most importantly be your wonderful self, whats not to love?
Have a fabulous time - and I'm sure that you'll gorgeous in that dress!
As for the girl thing - I'm the same way! My hubz's friends- they have wives that formed a tight pack and it's an invite only...very jr high - but I just smile, laugh and have a good time with as best I can- fake it til you make it! That way they can't fault you for being a grouch! :)
Looking forward to the photo post! :)
lovely top and pretty smile..
can you help me filling up my survey about fashion blog and teenager here http://www.kwiksurveys.com?s=HJLMGF_c98dad3b
and participate for the giveaway in my blog thank you
Don't worry honey, you'll be fine. It's always awkard around new people but remember it's a wedding, everyone is happy and usually tipsy if not a lot more! So if you find you don't have anything in common with them, just talk about the wedding and how gorgeous the ceremony was and how beautiful the bride looked. Even if you don't like the people, that will get you through the night. I'm sure you and David will have a blast and cut it up on the dance floor.
Most importantly, let yourself relax and have fun.
Good luck with the houses! How exciting. I can't wait to hear all about them.
Awesome photos! I love the red floral dress! Eeep! <3 Hope you like my jumpsuit post too :)
-Gayle from www.gayleisvolatile.blogspot.com
Cute dress sweets:) I'm sure you'll be fine just join in the chats and if they're rude to you just talk to everyone else generally at weddings you only sit whilst eating your meals:)Can't wait to see picturesx
Wow sounds like you have a lot of exciting things happening, I love the pictures you've posted too. Have a great time at the wedding, and good luck with the houses!
ahhhh sorry i haven't visited in a while! i'm totally catching up now. seems like you've had a lot going on lately and i'm so happy for you!
hope you have fun at the wedding. i always feel awkward at those kinds of things because you're forced to sit with a bunch of random people and talk about generic things like work/school/etc. so boring :P
i'm loving that photo of flower-girl you from forever ago!! adorable!!! ^_^
eeee and i can't wait to hear about the house-hunting some more. very exciting stuff.
love you!
<3
hi hi how are u? just drop by to say hi because its almost a week since your last update
hope everything is fine on your side
Great pics! I love your dress xx
Don't forget to enter my T2 giveaway @ http://thriveonnovelty.blogspot.com/
PS.
I have tagged you for The Versatile Blogger award over here cause I love your blog!
http://highmaintenancehippy.blogspot.com/2010/09/bloggy-awards.html
:)
lovely blog!
www.classicfashiondiary.blogspot.com
in need of followers :)
Aww just dropped by to say Hi, what a lovely blog made me smile warmly and gave me the awwww factor ;-)) Good luck at the wedding and advice is just be yourself and if others don't like you for who you are thats their problem and not yours. relax, chill and have fun ;-)) Dee
Post a Comment
Everybody likes to be heard. I'm so happy you're taking the time to comment :) Make sure you leave a way for me to contact you back via email or blog! xox