Firstly, we bought a house! Well, David bought a house. It's in his name although I'll be making repayments with my inheritance and when I get a job after uni... he said it was so he could borrow more money from the bank, apparently the bank thinks people spend more money when they're in a relationship and therefore let you borrow less. I think it's completely the opposite, but let's not go into that. I just, ya know... it's a little disheartening to see your long-term boyfriend sign a legal form stating he is single. Anyway, snaps of the house (I stupidly didn't take one of the house before we went in for our second viewing, and by the time we were leaving our purchase the past owners had the shed open and cars parked on the lawn, hmph!) Let me introduce you to the inside of 4 Mallard Way. Our new home.

The front open room we may eventually turn into a theatre.

The view from the bedroom into the open wir/ensuite.

Looking back into the bedroom from the wir area.

The kitchen and pantry. I love me some downlights!

Looking over the kitchen bench. I can't wait to fill this area...

The dining room and the sliding door that opens up to our patio!

Perfect for warm summers and bbqs.

The back corner of the backyard.. awesome high walls to contain the cats.

Shot from the dining room/in front of the garage entry.
- Not pictured: the awesomely lit laundry, 3 extra bedrooms and the main bathroom. But you can see all that when I decorate :)
What else, well, I got my hair cut. Again. I know. I was just going to get my bangs trimmed but ended up coming out with thinned, feathered, layered hair. I dunno if I love it yet, giving it a chance... on the plus side it reminds me of my year 10 hair. I was 15-16 and totally in love with myself. I remember feeling so confident with my appearance... I never worried if I was gaining weight, or what people thought of me. I've been much more confident and can-do since having my hair this way. On the down side I think it makes my head even bigger, what with the short layers on my crown. That and I can't possibly style it as funky as the hairdresser did when I got it done.. isn't that always the way? :p


The wedding was 400 times better than I thought it could be. I got some amazing shots of the ceremony.. how amazing was Amanda's dress? Travis and Amanda looked so cute together and they had their flower girls/younger bridesmaids in a very light pink... it looks so nice! The whole party just looked sublime. There's David reading out Travis's first poem to Amanda... and the wedding took place where they first met (The sunken gardens at the University of Western Australia) SO CUTE!




And yes, I had an absolute blast at the reception. This could have been due to the liquid courage (or 3) I downed with David's parents before the official party started, but I like to think it was my stellar dance moves and social skills :D I made sure to get online the day before and read all your wonderful comments. It kept me thinking positive all day :) I can't thank you enough. You all know how scared I was about not fitting in etc with David's gal pals... well, I still don't really. BUT I sat and ate at that table, I made small talk and I made an amazing new friend in one of David's mates gfs. Bexx. She is damn cool and in the same boat as me. Not only did we rip up the dancefloor together, but we have the same size feet. (We discovered after wearing one shoe each on the df, yeah, shit got crazy) Match made in heaven? I think so :) Oh and I caught the bouquet. Yep! I'ma collect 5 of these in and cash them in for a hubby, that's how it works right?

Off to Boxercise again tonight. Last week I hurt for 3 days afterwards... lets cross our fingers for 2 days this time :)
22 comments:
your hair is gorgeous and well done for being confident and making a new freind wooo go you! beautiful photos btw your becoming an expert with that new cam and OMG the house! *im not jealous im not jealous* lol! its gorgeous! cant wait to see what you do with it ! mwah
Congratulations! Congratulations! Congratulations! That is all such fantastic news. You're new house looks amazing. So sunny and open. You'll both be really happy there. And those 3 extra rooms for when the kiddlings come along right? ;)
Love the hair cut. Honey you have nothing to worry about, you're gorgeous!
Welcome back x
Your hair cut looks great! your new house looks amazing, im so jealous xx
What an amazing house! So big and spacious and new looking! I AM so jealous!! Congratulations to both of you!
I also like your new hair cut, I think you would look cute in any hair style though :)
ooooh you caught the bouquet... wonder if that is a sign! *wiggles eyebrows*
That wedding looks WONDERFUL! And I am so chuffed you got the dress in time, huzzah :) Have a great time at Boxercise PUNCH SOME IRON GIRL! jazzy ♥
Yay - it sounds like you have had an amazing and exciting week! Your new house looks awesome, I look forward to seeing what you do with it! You are gorgeous and I'm glad you enjoyed your time at the wedding! :)
wow a lot has happened! Congrats on the house, its beautiful and gonna be so much fun to decorate.
The new house is gorgeous! I cannot wait to have my own place. I love the fringe, you guys looked so cute at the wedding!
congratulations to you both sweethearts , its such a wonderful feeling to have a home :)
congrats to the newly wed , weddings are always so beautiful
the last photo of Travis and Amanda is the best ♥
Omg Ebs! So much great stuff here! Okay, the house looks amazing! I can't wait to see all of your cute stuff all over it :)
Your hair looks so sweet! I don't think your head looks big at all, but It's great to have a haircut that makes you think of yourself as a great confident woman! I hope you feel the same as you did in year 10 :)
The wedding looks beautiful, what an amazing dress! And i love that the guys are wearing a pinkish color too :) :)
Miss you!!
XOXOX~Sara
The house looks gorgeous! I absolutely love it - congrats!
And of course your hair, too!
I totally know how you feel. I hate going to places where I'm not sure if I'll fit in or not - it's scary! But it doesn't matter where the "courage" comes from...you did and made a new friend out of it! :D
xo! Ash
Oh my goodness! So much new stuff! How exciting! It's amazing that you guys got a house! It looks wonderful and I'm sure will be so much fun to decorate!
I love your hair! I think it looks gorgeous and shiny!!
I'm glad you had fun at the wedding! I think it can be very intimidating to go into a situation where you don't know people all that well, but coming out of it with new friends is amazing!
That house looks AMAZING. I'm absolutely obsessed with patios. I'm desperate to have one. Have fun decorating! I look forward to your posts about decorating :)
Congrats on the house! That is fantastic news. We are hoping to buy next year when we get back from the uk. Glad to hear you had fun at the wedding and made a new friend. Now when all the girls are together at least you know you will have one nice person to talk to.
oh! your new house loots amazing :) :) :)
*looks hahaha.
Oh my gosh, how amazing! That house is spectacular too...you are going to have so much fun decorating it and such. So jealous!
And yes, her dress is stunning! I love unique wedding dresses like that. Gorgeous :]
Wow exciting times!! You are going to have so much fun decorating your new house are you a South of the river or North of the river girl now? Hair looks fab by the way and glad you had fun at the wedding!!!
oh my gosh. (ok, i've loved your blog forever, but finally made one, and so, feel less creepy commenting)
the house looks so fun! and. your hair is fabulous. anddd love the wedding pictures. however you edit your photos, they're always pretty dang perfect.
congrats!
katy
withoutyouwithlove.blogspot.com
Wow your new house is gorgeous! I bet you are excited about moving in and making it your own! So glad you had a good time at the wedding too. The bride looked stunning!
I like your hair!! Yeah! Short hair! It's definitely something to get used to, but I'm really liking mine and I think you should feel the same way because you look fabulous! That wedding looks like fun :) I'm glad you enjoyed yourself!! Weddings make me so happy :)
I'm looking forward to hearing about the layout! eep!
Lucky lady! What a beautiful new home!
Post a Comment
Everybody likes to be heard. I'm so happy you're taking the time to comment :) Make sure you leave a way for me to contact you back via email or blog! xox