Sunday, July 11, 2010

Surely Shirley


I just love this photo of Tibby and David, taken Saturday afternoon. Even though Tibs closed her eyes :p David reminds me of Shirley Temple here... (haha) just the way people posed in those days for portraits; looking slightly left or right of the camera lense. Anyway, I had to share. I think he looks so so cute.

I have hair and risotto photos/recipes to share - they are just going to take a bit of processing, so this pretty pic had to do for today. Oh and a little spiel about the ball when I get hold of everyone's photos (including a hired photographer! woo!) so stay tuned :D

Hope you all had a swell weekend. Swell. Yes, I use this word in real life. Ha.

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Aaaaw that is a wonderful photo! Two of your favourite people right? :) Miss you,

Claire @ Jazzpad

PS Thanks for the tutorial link, I'm having a go this after! xx

Stephanie said...

Ah your kitty is adorable! Just found your blog, sooo cute!

Anonymous said...

thanks so much for your comment! and your blog is SO cute, and i love your cats! <3

thegirlhassparke said...

Such a cute pic!
I hope you had a fantastic time at the ball.
Rissotto yum, cant wait for that.
Oh and yes definitely to the interview, anytime lovely.

Lovers, Saints & Sailors said...

Oh I definitely use "swell" in every day life too. As well as "tops" and occasionally "a thing", as in "you should come with us, it'll be a real thing". But mostly that's because my friend Bob says it and I think he's cool.

eleanor said...

Thank you so much for your comment, Ebony! I had to read it twice it was so nice :)

Of course you can call me El! My nickname is Elle with my family and friends.
We recently got our first TopShop in New Zealand but its a few hours away, I have only been there twice, I buy 90% of my TopShop things online. Pretty sure they ship to Australia, and their online sizing guide is really accurate, reliable :)

I'm so glad you appreciate my posts and take the time to tell me that.

X

eleanor said...

PS. This photo is darling!

m. said...

this is so lovely :)

Alex said...

Aww, look how happy and cute they both are.

Sara said...

Awww! This is such a cute picture Ebs! I wish I could get Kyle to pose like that :P I love that you use the word "swell" I use it too, it reminds me of Jimmy Stewart lol.

I am excited to see your next few posts! :D :D

Miss you lady!

XOXOXOXOX
~Sara

kate maggie said...

This is such a cute picture, your kitty is so cute! I hope you had an amazing weekend :)

apparentlyjessy said...

Haha, I say swell IRL too ;) Love the pic, Tibby is a gorgeous cat, her colouring is really striking!

Kyla said...

adorable picture! I can't wait to see your hair post!

Sweets and Hearts said...

aww, they're cute! i saw the risotto recipe and it looks yummy. i'm so impressed with your fancy schmancy cooking skills ^_^

also: "swell" needs to come back, as well as a bunch of vintage slang. let's slowly introduce them back into everyday conversations until they catch on!

Post a Comment

Everybody likes to be heard. I'm so happy you're taking the time to comment :) Make sure you leave a way for me to contact you back via email or blog! xox