
It's hard to put into words just how much these guys inspire me. Seriously, if you have been living under a rock and haven't heard of this talented Sydney sibling act - you need to, now. Most of their folky guitar & piano tunes give me tingles in the opening seconds... I just wish I could wake up and spend all morning listening to them, in a sunroom with a cup of tea. *sigh* One day :)

Most of their songs it's either Angus OR Julia singing... I read in their YEN interview that they actually write their songs separately and only get together in the last stages of creating to add harmonies etc. so that they don't get in each other's creative space. I think this is the coolest thing ever.

Until I was rounding up photos for this post I had never seen too many still shots of Mr Angus. He is smoking isn't he? Or should that be was? He's sort of hairy and indie like now. I like my boys pretty. Which he certainly was in his early days. Mmmm :D

Their latest album 'Down The Way' is pure magic. Every single song is a hit in it's own way. I honestly can't give you a single favourite, so you're gonna have to buy the whole thing :D I rarely buy cds but this one compelled me to buy their entire discography... My fave from the rest of their cds is definitely 'Paper Aeroplane' which sounded so familiar even at first listen, so I thought I'd link you up. It's their first vid too!
Tell me, what do you think? :) Any other fans out there? And if you listened to the vid and thought "hey that's kinda like ..." tell me! I love discovering new music!
12 comments:
I like them both ways : ) He's gorgeous.
I love the song in the video you posted. It fits my mood right now. :)
Sound like a talented due, and could they quite possibly be the best looking set of children in the lands?! ♥ Claire @ Jazzpad
I absolutely adore them, and it's so good to find a blogger who loves them as well!
Love them soooo much! I have to say I enjoy Angus singing more than Julia but their both pretty amazing. I wish he would go back to his older sexy self!
Ahhh soulmate <3! They are just magical!
I love them too! You have good taste!
Love them, and I'm old enough to think he's still smoking he he! I love both their voices and sounds. :)
They are great! Their music is nice and laid back. I do love Angus' voice and he was pretty hot back in his non scruffy day.
okay, i supposed i have been living under a rock!
but i like their sound. thanks for sharing! i always love hearing new music! ^_^
I havent heard alot of their music nd i cant seem to find their albums in new zealand! but ima looking! haha. xox
Wow, thank you so much for introducing me to them. mmmm. i am totally in love already.
and i think he is beautiful both ways, just differently. though i think i prefer his earlier days.
Post a Comment
Everybody likes to be heard. I'm so happy you're taking the time to comment :) Make sure you leave a way for me to contact you back via email or blog! xox