Monday, July 5, 2010

Help! Hair!

Classic Ebony, leaving everything to the last minute. I need your advice. David's football ball is coming up and I've never been to an adult 'cocktail ball'. I suck at doing my hair. I have a GHD and a bunch of products... I just need inspirational pictures for a simple pretty hairstyle.

I've even browsed my mags and nothing is jumping out at me. *sigh* I wish I had girlfriends to get ready with...

Oh and I've been eating a whole bunch of crap and my sports have been cancelled the past two weeks. I'm going to try and get on the wii fit tomorrow, I'm holding myself accountable right now. I've been the biggest downer...

In other news; stumbled upon this for the first time last week. Thought I'd share, good for a laugh :D

13 comments:

Alex said...

I'm hopeless with hair too, sorry :( Why don't you ask Kel - http://hairadviceandallthingsnice.blogspot.com/ - she's always full of really great tips and I'm sure she could suggest a look or two for you.

Sofie said...

Try finding a hair tutorial on You Tube! ^^
I would just go for a curly/wavy up do. Simple and not stiff.
I want a Wii Fit..

xx Sophie
http://sophieneechan.blogspot.com

maggeygrace said...

Hehe I have faith in you!! I am really not skilled at doing my own hair, so I've found the simplest thing to do is wear a headband. One with cute little details on it! And then I'll either straighten my hair or play up my waves and touch up the curls. It's easy and it looks dressy :)

tehehe, Niknak :) that's hilarious. I'm sure he will love thattt! Yes, he loves Regina and in fact, he loves a lot of excellent music like Meiko and Ingrid! I'm kind of stressing out about doing the whole long distance thing though (maybe this is turning into more of an email conversation:P), but he is definitely a keeper, which is why I'm having trouble with it!

My birthday is the 24th! I'm kind of excited!! eee! 18! I don't know what I'm going to do yet- I had a huge graduation party when I finished High School with virtually every single person I loved in the entire world...sooo...we'll see!

I so wish we could be best friends in real life. Sigh. Maybe if I ever go to Austrailia or you ever come here?? :)

Unknown said...

Don't fret darling! Is it a posh do? Minidress be to risque for example? If in doubt just wear an old classic which makes you feel confident! :) Shame your netball has been cancelled! :( I'm counting down the days until I go back to Sheffield so I can play again!

Claire @ Jazzpad

eleanor said...

Ooh, enjoy watching Bright Star! And you didn't like Nine? I went to see it with my Mum and a few people walked out of the theatre 20 minutes in, but I really liked it! I'm weird though, haha.

Your boyfriend has good taste! And yes I love the IT crowd! British humour is fantastic.

Hmm. I think you would look lovely with soft curls made from with a straightener, with your hair down all wavy and pretty!

X

Belen said...

Oh man, I too haven't been hitting the gym lately. I've eatten so much as well!

As for your hair, I think it also depends on your dress. I think you'd look lovely with a side pony though. Like, tucked behind and under your ear. :)

Belen said...

And that video is AMAZING! Thanks for sharing! I'm definitely going to psot about that soon. :)

Lovers, Saints & Sailors said...

Oh dear, having curly hair I may not be much help I'm afraid. But I find a simply look, just a few pieces pinned off your face and or curled looks great. Really it is more about the dress and shoes than anything.

Hope that helps! Have fun!

Sweets and Hearts said...

that video was AWESOME!! seriously entertaining. :D i love how they used
old songs AND modern ones. haha!

hmm, as for the ball, like belen
said i guess it really depends on
your dress? i think half up, half
down with loose waves always looks
pretty! and it's a style that works
on everyone:
http://www.shoppinglifestyle.com/gallery/celebrityhairstyles/photo/index.asp?341

<3

Sara said...

lol great video ebs!! :) I say try to keep the hair simple so your not worrying about it too much. Maybe google some celebs with similair hair types? I know that whatever you do, you will look awesome :) I have been such a downer lately too. I have been working my ass off for weeks and I have not lost a pound. I have stayed the same. It is hard :(

Louise said...

Hair is always a issue, but there's a magazine where they put looks and easy stlyes to do yourself, but i don't remember the exactly name is something like "hairstyles something" i'm sorry to be so useless :(, but why don't try a cute braid, i've seen some cute and not so hard to do hair looks with braids!

like this: http://www.ahorraonunca.net/wp-content/uploads/peinados-con-trenzas-1.jpg

Unknown said...

Darling, I'm having trouble rejigging my blog :( And I just know you would help me out if I asked... all I'm trying to do is change the post title font, I have downloaded one I would like to use but I can seem to get it to work! :(

Sara said...

Ebs I miss you! Keep us updated on the hair. And of course if you win the lotto and can come here, that would be awesome too :D

Post a Comment

Everybody likes to be heard. I'm so happy you're taking the time to comment :) Make sure you leave a way for me to contact you back via email or blog! xox