Yesterday was Australia Day and it was pretty disappointing. I had to drop David off at the airport in the morning and crawled back into bed after about 2 hours of driving. It was 7:30am. Then I had a few choices as to how to celebrate the occasion and I chose to go see my friend who lives about an hour away (at least I had the hottest 100 to keep me company on the way!) I had my first gin and tonic (for the record, I'm not a fan) and then spent the day watching The OC and buying supplies for my first DIY project. It's probably not the first handyman thing I've ever done myself, but it is the first I'm going to undertake in the new house so it's a milestone worth mentioning.
But anyway it was a pretty low key day and today's another one. Now that I'm unemployed again I'm wasting my days watching Mad Men and eating food. So far consumed today; a yoghurt, leftover gnocchi, a frosty fruit, an apple and peanut butter and banana on toast. What does one do when one is a house-girlfriend with no friends in the near vicinity and no money to go and blow on fun housey things or little day-trips. *sigh*
I could always scrap but I haven't done that in so long I wouldn't even know where to start. What I really want to do is sort out the computers - they are so full of crap and uncategorised photos and scrapping supplies that it's all a little overwhelming really. So I'm going to go do that. That and ponder when my life got so dull. Haha. At least I have touch football tomorrow night... I'll let you know how it goes.
Happy Day After Australia Day! If you live in Perth, let's be friends. I need people that make me feel inspired and good about myself. I promise to do the same in return.
3 comments:
I know how you feel. The eight weeks b/w finishing uni and starting work has dragged for me especially as all my friends work during the day. Wish I lived in Perth then we could keep each other company :-)
Hi lovely! I loved reading this post because I thought to myself 'im not the only one!' I have tottaly been vegging out everyday just watching tv and eating food. I guess life is mean to be a little lazy and low key sometimes. Happy belated Autralia day. I am sorry it wasnt the best day (I hate gin and tonic too!) I wish I was there to celebrate it with you today so we could make it 10 x better than what yours was yesterday. Have a great rest of your week love. xo
Hey Sweets
Gin and Tonic is probably my favourite. Right up there with a good Bloody Mary.
When I first started drinking Gin & Tonics I found they were really nice with a dash of bitters and a squeeze of lime. Not that I'm encouraging you to drink something you don't like but it's super refreshing that way.
Now, yes, being unemployed sucks the big one. At various stages during my life I've been unemployed for as long as 8 months at a time. No thank you!!
But there are things to do that make you feel less crazy and listless.
1 - Go out
I don't necessarily mean go out partying but hey, that can't hurt. No, what I mean is go into the city. Go to the library. Get out of the house. Some days I'd spend hours reading at Borders and then go find the cheapest lunch I could at Coles, eat it in the sunshine and then browse shops and see what I could make myself at home.
2 - Make lists
Then do things on your lists. Crossing things of lists is like a kinda drug I swear! Even if it's stuff like "scrap for an hour", "organise music files for an hour". You'll feel so good for having done it. The accomplishment is part of the reward. Having a purpose or something to look forward to each day is SUPER important.
3 - Don't lose touch
Write to people. Emails and snail mails (I'm here and I swear I'll write back - though whether or not it will actually be delivered to you is another story! hehe)
I hope some of that helps. Seriously though, it will all turn around and you'll be flat out again with work and friends before you know it!
Post a Comment
Everybody likes to be heard. I'm so happy you're taking the time to comment :) Make sure you leave a way for me to contact you back via email or blog! xox