Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The eyebrow incident

So my temp job came to an end yesterday and although I have a little more dosh in my bank account, that icky unemployed feeling is back. Which means more mood swings for poor David to deal with so I thought I'd take a little time out and ramble on here.

Yesterday we went into the city. It was lovely. I bought some porridge soap from Lush - now I get a double dose of oats in the morning. Yes, that was a factor in buying it. I like my porridge ok? I picked up a copy of Yen magazine after perusing my favourite store in the whole world. (Psst, Borders give me a job!) And I had a delicious chicken burger in Shafto Lane, followed by a mango smoothie in Carillon City. Life was good. Then I decided to go and do something stupid like getting my eyebrows threaded and tinted.

I started to realise it was a bad idea when my eyes started streaming like a baby. I probably should have ended the torture after the ripping came to an end but noooo, I'm a sucker for punishment. "Can we tint them a few shades darker?" would have probably been fine but I had to say "Can we tint them a few shades darker to match my hair?" MATCH?! Why did I use that word? The lovely Indian lady and I were having a hard enough to understand each other's needs already, and then I went and used the word match. And this is the end result. By end I mean after I have shampooed them 4 times and rubbed them with lemon juice in a bid to lighten them. *sigh*




And just like that, I feel better. Maybe it's the misleading photobooth photos or maybe it's the blog venting... but I feel less bad about these babies now I've shared. I'm not going to go and re-do them this dark when it eventually grows out, but I think I can live with it until that time :) Well, that's a nice feeling, thanks for being there for me to 'chat' to. I'm off to have home-made gnocchi at David's nonnas... I'd invite you but, ya know :p

12 comments:

Rosie Savage said...

You look lovely - definitely not something to worry over!
And I agree with the above comment. I need summer NOW :(

Rosie x

Anonymous said...

Well, i agree with the 2 commentors above too, i still think you look lovely as per usual. Hahaha but it's okay, all girls are worrywarts in general!

Bee. said...

You look beautiful as usual, Ebony! Nothing to worry about at all (:

thegirlhassparke said...

I dont think they look bad at all. I once waxed half of my sisters eyebrow off if that makes you feel better hehe.

Steph said...

I think they look lovely! Haha. As lovely as eyebrows can be, and not too dark at all!

Oh, and that double oat theory is a bit adorable. Just a bit :)

Love, Steph
http://stephslittleblog.blogspot.com/

Brittany said...

They look fine! I'm not just saying that. ;o)

Rachel, Cold Knees said...

You look stunning! Really.. I'm not sure I could take the pain from threading though :P xx

Amber said...

i think your brows look fine. I have heard that threading is a great way to rid unwanted hairs but I dont think I could deal with the pain

laurak said...

Hi Ebony!
Ohhh so that is what threading is! I always see it advertised, but had no idea what it actually entailed! Shame about the pain factor, I couldn't do it myself..am such a baby lol.
I think they look fine, don't stress! Eyebrows are one of those things I never notice on people personally anyway, but regardless I promise I think you look lovely as usual!
Laura :)
ps I agree, how amazing would working at Borders be, sigh!

m. said...

I'm loving your hair at the moment!

Let me know when you're free, and we'll catch up :)
xox

Lovers, Saints & Sailors said...

Honey I think they look great! And they'll get lighter really quickly too. It's quite amazing.
I went through a period of having my eyebrows quite dark. I had the most amazing eyebrow girl! But then she left and I've been in denial that I even have eyebrows ever since.
That was about 2 years ago now. I should probably get over it.

Kat said...

oh, why thank you. and i rather enjoy your restraint with the follow button haha. but thanks for such a candid comment, and i hope you see some things you like!

and i know i said i was going to stop commenting with generic comments, but you are very pretty <3

Post a Comment

Everybody likes to be heard. I'm so happy you're taking the time to comment :) Make sure you leave a way for me to contact you back via email or blog! xox