
Josie and The Pussycats. This is one of my very favourites. I love every single song on this soundtrack and listen to them when I'm getting ready to go out, or feel like dancing, or just in one of those "I'm a girl and I rock" moods. I always wanted to be in a girl rock band after seeing this movie.. that want comes back every time I watch it...

Rent. This was actually the first Blu-ray I remember buying. It has sat in my collection for about a year because David refused to watch it.. he doesn't appreciate musicals like I do. Anyway, I LOVED it. At first I was like "Hmm, they sing A LOT in this movie..." but by the end of it I was bopping and crying and, I just fell in love. I've already downloaded the songs and decided that if I ever get a chance to star in this musical, I must. :D

Labyrinth. Another one I've only had the chance to watch this weekend because of David's absence. "You remind me of the babe" "What babe?" "The babe with the power" "What power?" "The power of voodoo.. "Voodoo?" "You do!" "Do what?" "Remind me of the babeee" That never gets old. I first rented this out when I was 9-10, and I remember watching it like 5 times in that weekend...

Alice in Wonderland. I was the biggest fan of the first version starring Tina Majorino, Martin Short and Gene Wilder... and was really scared that Tim Burton was going to make a mess of it like he did (in my opinion) of Charlie & The Chocolate Factory. But he didn't! I reeeeally liked it. I loved the 3D too. It was nice taking my brother, sister and step-mum out to see this. We made a day of it. It was fun.

500 Days of Summer. A lot of people I talked to before watching this (okay they were mostly guys...) said that they HATED Zooey's character. I didn't. I think she was very real. I loved that this wasn't a typical love story. I loved every second of it. If you haven't seen it already, first of all, what rock have you been living under? and second of all; do it. But keep an open mind. This isn't a Hollywood happy ending.
What were the last 5 movies you watched? Have any recommendations for me? I have the house to myself all week... help a sister out here :)
10 comments:
A girl definitely needs to watch The Breakfast Club, 16 Candles & Pretty in Pink when she has the house to herself. Tank Girl never goes astray either.
Ohhhh you love the Labyrinth too?! Girrrrl we have more in common that I had first thought! :D If you haven't already, I would definitely recommend Amelie, Man on Fire (a bit gory but emotionally wonderful) and Babel. ♥
http://jazz-pad.blogspot.com
500 days of summer is good. The last 5 movies I watched were:
1. Ghost Writer (pretty boring)
2. How to Train Your Dragon (highly recommended, very funny)
3. Alice in Wonderland (well, you've watched it)
4. The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus (pretty cool, mostly because of Johnny Depp' short performance)
5. Time Traveller's Wife (very romantic, great story, too. You should watch it)
There it goes. I hope you're having a wonderful week.. ^_^
http://thenovembergirl.blogspot.com
DUDE we are somehow related. I Swear!! I have not seen Alice, but all the others are my faves!!! I literally was listening to "Dance magic dance" the other day on my computer. And I LOVE LOVE LOVE rent!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
X0X0X0
~Sara
Wow, i want to Alice in Wonderland so bad. I love Tim Burton ;)
Last movies i saw were
1. Next Day Air: this is a stoner movie for sure, me and my bf watched it hungover, nice ghetto movie lol
2. Moon: really slow paced but great story, about a guy who has to work away from his family for 3 years, finds out he's a clone etc
3. Gamer: my 17yr old brother reccomended this to me, the graphics are INTENSE but good movie, dark plotline but very interesting..i liked it :S
haha and i cant think of any more..not a huge movie person.
Nice blog too btw :)
x
perthfashionista.blogspot.com
My life is so ridiculously hectic at this present time I don't get the chance to watch many movies. I did watch Hotel Rwhanda on Sunday afternoon and realised how many things I hate about the world!
I loved 500 days of summer! Although I am a sucker for a happy endingx
hope you're enjoying the time to yourself! :)
don't worry, we'll meet someday! i've always wanted to visit australia. you can show me around and we'll do silly things and take lots of pictures. or if you ever visit the states, i'll take you around california! we can bake too, haha. :D
lol, i used to be obsessed with the josie soundtrack...the songs were just so good/catchy. i loved them so much. i've never seen 'labyrinth' but i want to. it looks fun. yesss for 'alice' and '500 days'! love those too. i also like that '500 days' wasn't predictable, like most romantic comedies. i can't even watch a lot of those anymore because i hate how you always know who's going to end up together!
i can't remember the last 5 movies i watched! sad. i'm more of a tv person. umm...i think it was these, more or less:
1. up in the air (really good!)
2. fantastic mr. fox (didn't expect to like it, but ended up loving it. so quirky.)
3. coraline (creepy, but kind of fun)
4. alice, too
5. eternal sunshine of the spotless mind (weird, but i like it)
<3
got your e-mail! will reply soon ^_^ been a bit busy getting ready for grad day and all that.
p.s. i remember wanting the clothes from 'josie and the pussycats' so badly. yeah, they were bright, gaudy, metallic, and TACKY, but whatever. they were fierce.
Last five movies:
1) Gentlemen Broncos: very, very odd. But worth seeing.
2) The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus: I liked it. Very interesting.
3) Terminator Salvation: overrated. I am not a fan of Christian Bale. But for all I know, it was a masterpeice. I've never seen any of the Terminator films.
4) The Collector: I hated the ending. Really? REALLY? Can movies not have happy endings anymore?!?! WTF?!
5) I do not remember.
But my all time favorites are Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Fight Club, High Fidelity, and Labyrinth fo sho. Too many more to mention, but. Those are good :)
Labyrinth is one of my all time favourite movies!!!!! Oddly haven't seen any of the others so I think I'll have to watch them ;)
Post a Comment
Everybody likes to be heard. I'm so happy you're taking the time to comment :) Make sure you leave a way for me to contact you back via email or blog! xox