
This is supposed to be French Toast.
1) Don't wait so long to have breakfast that you can't even spare a minute to google the recipe.
2) Don't have cold bread (we have to keep ours in the fridge the kitchen gets so hot), because it will just be soggy.
3) Apparently there's more to it then just whisked egg and a dash of milk, because the bread still had half an egg on it.
3) Don't put the soggy bread on the frying pan if it isn't hot enough. Without cooking spray.
4) Don't then scrap the french toast idea and try 'Toad in a hole' without looking up how, and with cold bread. That doesn't turn out pretty either.

This dish actually resembles a toad. Not a good thing :D

This dish actually resembles a toad. Not a good thing :D
I'll have you know my banana smoothie was perfect :D I give up, tomorrow I'm having pancakes! Haha. Have you ever wrecked something as French toast? Can you tell me how to make French toast? (No I haven't googled it yet, lay it on me!) *sigh*

ps. These photos are made to look good from some photo actions I picked up from here. Sarah is lovely and is having a sale this weekend if you care to become a fan of hers on FB.

ps. These photos are made to look good from some photo actions I picked up from here. Sarah is lovely and is having a sale this weekend if you care to become a fan of hers on FB.
9 comments:
well I have a little tip, use butter instead of cooking spray. French toast is amazing when you cook it right. MMM
Wow you call this stuff french toast? In my book it's known as 'Eggy Bread' haha, and is the perfect perfect start to the day! It took me a while to get the hang of it though, so you're not alone (still haven't mastered a basic cheese sauce either, aaargh!)
Tips I can recommend:
1. Plenty of egg, just a dash of milk is enough,
2. Make sure the pan is properly hot, steaming! Not too much oil either if you're frying it without a non-stick pan.
3. Soak the bread both sides in another dish before you fry it, to the point wehre if you lifted the bread off the dish it would drip with egg like a wet sponge haha!
MMMMM I've really got a craving for 'french toast' as you call it now! :D Thankyou so much for your lovely lovely messages, they really made my day and I'm so glad you got in touch! 'The friendliest blog award' should surely be yours.
Looking forward to your next entry :)
♥ http://jazz-pad.blogspot.com
Hi. I've been following your blog for a while but this will be my first comment! I have this (in my opinion) rather amazing French Toast "recipe" I think you should try. Okay:
-Slightly more milk than egg, whipped really well so you don't get the egg chunks on your bread
-cinnamon, nutmeg to taste (and a pinch of powdered ginger if you like)
-I don't think I usually spray the pan, but you can try it if you think it'll stick. Maybe just smear some butter in/on the pan.
-Use bread that's thick (the thinner the bread, the soggier it'll be...as far as I know the temperature doesn't matter, though the humidity does, obv.)...dip it in the mix on both sides, but if you don't want it soggy, don't leave it in too long
-the pan should be pretty hot, but not like smoking
-eat! I like to put tons of butter and hot maple syrup on top.
Delish.
P.S. Your blog is fun to read, keep it up!
hahaa! oh no!!!! ;-) cute post though girl.
heheh awhhh this post is so cute! yeah you need to soak the bread for a bit in the egg & milk to make it absorb it all! :) but they still look yummy! I love french toast! om nom nom! & you look stunning as always darl! xx
Hehe, he actually HAS been my boyfriend for (eee!) three weeks. Okay. You know what...I'm going to do one blog post about our entire story. Hahahha. It's really quite adorable. It's the high school kind of story you see in movies, tehehe.
Thank you for your comment :) It made me so happy.
I LOVEEEE Meiko!! That's so exciting that you love her too! Only two people where I'm from know of her- and I introduced them to her. haha. Here are some more recommendations!
Bishop Allen (Butterfly nets!)
The Afters (beautiful love)
Ben Kweller (falling. thirteen)
Cataldo (I do- if anything- listen to this!!! YOU WILL LOVE THEM! I do is the cutest song in the entire world!!!!)
Josh Ritter (Temptation of Adam, Wolves, Snow is Gone- SAME HERE!)
I'll stop now :) but you should give some of those a try (especially cataldo and josh ritter :) ) and let me know if you like them! You won't be disappointed :). I love indie music!
Love,
maggie;)
aww, that's such a lovely close-up, ebony! ^_^
and i would tell you how to make french toast...
...if i knew how.
i've never tried it.
we all have cooking disasters once in a while! it took me 5 failed/mediocre mugcakes to make one that actually tasted good. :P i wreck things all the time...usually main dishes. that's why i stick to appetizers and desserts, haha.
perhaps you invented something new?
eggtoast?
<3
okay, my computer sucks. It keeps not letting my post comments on blogs. I type the whole message out, then click the button to post the comment and nothing happens. GARH!!!
Anyways.
You are very brave to attempt french toast. I have NEVER made it. My mum makes great french toast, but me? I can barely make a pancake. I love smoothies though! So please share smoothie mixes!
PS-I cleaned out my closet, although I have a ton of laundry still, I made a small pile of things I want to send to you. What do you want first? Maybe a shirt and a dress? a skirt? or shorts? hrmm.. I figured maybe two or three items at a time 'cause I know mail is expensive. I guess I could have emailed you. But that is what I love about all of our conversations, they start on blogger, continue on facebook, then finish in an email. So everyone always gets part of what we are talking about and I think that is funny. :P
~Sara
XXX000
Haha, I don't think I have ever made french toast, but I will probably look at a recipe that has reviews before I do! Or maybe I'll just go the local diner. ;)
Post a Comment
Everybody likes to be heard. I'm so happy you're taking the time to comment :) Make sure you leave a way for me to contact you back via email or blog! xox