
1. That Vintage Bird, $11.10 from That Vintage on Etsy.
I love this! It's simple, it's black, it would go with everything and it's made in Tasmania. (That's where I was born!)
2. Mantadia Curtain, $263.00 from Anthropologie.
Expensive yes, but the material is pretty enough to cut up and use as a dress if nothing else. You'd surely be the only one wearing it :p
3. Umbrella by Marc for Marc Jacobs, $20.
If you find somewhere to buy this online, let me know. I'm in love.
4. Ringspun Bird Print Front Pocket Dress, $108 at Asos.
A dress that looks even cuter from the back and has pockets. Sold!
5. Franco Ferrari Feather Scarf, $315 at Otteny
Oh boy I am a sucker for scarves.
6. Catherine Michiels Charm Bracelet, $115.00 from Saks.
I don't know what I like more; the rainbow silk or the birdie charm.
7. Bird Blossom V-Neck Tee, $27 from Urban Outfitters.
The good ol' print tee gets a little fancier.
8. The Lingering Bird Necklace, $30.15 from FreshyFig's Etsy.
I use to own a necklace with a silver sparrow but it broke. Boo hoo me.
9. Tibi Bird-Print Shift Dress, $382 at Bloomingdales.
It's nice to dream isn't it? Even if I had $382 to blow on a shift dress, this silly site doesn't ship to Australia. Guess I'll be taking that money elsewhere, when I get it. Hehe.
All prices are in Australian dollars. All items are shippable to Australia, unless otherwise stated. I tried my hardest to find some Australian sites with bird-like pieces, but it was no use. If you find any be sure to link me up. So, what's the verdict on our feathery friends? Yay or Nay?
Do you have any of this print in your wardrobe?
10 comments:
I love bird print pieces, I saw the most adorable dove print dress earlier today. In real life, however, I am absolutely terrified of birds - oh, what fashion does to us :)
yay i love them all!
great post eb!!!
I love the ring!! How cool that it was made in Tasmainia! That is pretty awesome. I love #4 because it is a pretty pattern and like you said-pockets!!
The curtains rock! I would love to get some of those in the apartment. I even think Kyle would like them. The ones we have now have a hole in them from Bary. And the last dress is stunning, but wow, maybe if I won the lotto :P
I never really liked the nautical trend until I got this blog. The displays at the stores always looked cheesy or boring. I do like it now, but the birds are just awesome. They are kind-of old fashioned or something.
I got your email and I am going to write you back tonight. I have that presentation today and I have to finish up some homework at lunch. I am trying this new thing where I have to do my homework first, like I am rewarding myself by emailing you after the homework is done. lol. (because I totally want to email you instead of do stupid homework :P)
Anywho, talk to you tonight
xoxox ~Sara
I didn't expect that bird prints could look this cute!! Never had something like those stuff you post.. Maybe I'll buy one.. :P
http://thenovembergirl.blogspot.com
umm...LOVE IT! here's my problem: i love birds in art and in clothing/accessories, but I...HATE...BIRDS! so i feel kind of like a hypocrite, using them for aesthetics. am i a bad person?
Wonderful collection! I love bird motifs!
Fantastic post, I really like the dress.
i don't actually, but i've been seeing a lot of birdie fashions lately. i am loving the panels and you are so right, they do make fine for a dress. loving the dress, scarf and necklace too. thanks for sharing and the links.
No But I sure would like too:)
i LOOOOVE those dresses!!! but then i saw the price for the last one and cried a little. oy. but yes, it IS nice to dream, like you said.
the bird trend is one of my favorites too! they're really cute and fun. :D i need more bird things hehe.
sorry for the comment-bombing. just catching up on what i missed!! :)
<3
Post a Comment
Everybody likes to be heard. I'm so happy you're taking the time to comment :) Make sure you leave a way for me to contact you back via email or blog! xox