Once I got my hands on the story of Lily Casey Smith's life, it was hard to put it down. But I did, I wanted to take it all in, I wanted to savour it. It's a 'true-life novel' written wonderfully by Lily's granddaughter, based on the facts and stories her family could give her, and it is so well put together. Lily Casey was a daughter, a mother, a wife, a sister, but most of all she was a battler and that's what makes this story so relative. It reads like an American version of that classic Aussie movie 'The Castle' and my words can not do it justice. It made me laugh, it made me tear up, but most of all it made me feel alive. In short, this is a terrific read and I would recommend it to any woman I know :)
If you haven't checked out the Slow Readers Book Club, see my side bar. Diana is doing an amazing job and we're just about to vote on the next book :) Go go go!
12 comments:
Hey eb!!It is so awesome that you read this, Kyle was looking at it in the bookstore. I kid you not. He loves true stories so this is right up his alley. I will have to tell him that you read it :)
Hey, I just joined the Slow Readers Book Club a couple of weeks ago. I need to log back in, thanks for the reminder, lol!
Hope you're having a great weekend :)
I am such bad book clubber, i havent read the book yet but i will everyone seems to have really liked it.
Isn't she wonderful?! She has even more clothes out for the winter collection. I can't find anywhere online that sells her and she is in New Zealand...so she is totally unattainable for me
Hi again!:)
So I was looking through more of your blog (because after you told me you live in Austrailia...how could I NOT? :) ), and wowww. I'm envious of your life hahaha ;).
The pictures of you in Perth snorkeling and such looked amazzzzing! Your boyfriend is so cute! I have been to Indonesia, my mom took me to Bali specifically to celebrate getting her third college degree, and absolutely loveddd the beach. I imagine it's somewhat close to what you're used to! I'm so envious.
Also, I LOVE books and I really want to read that one now :). I may just have to find myself a copy!!
Love always,
Magpie:)
Awwwh that book looks interesting! I want to join the slow readers book club, maybe later! :)
Let me know what you think of the book aye!
xx
Oh man, it works for me though. Well if you wanted to see it, you could just go to youtube and look up 'handsome men club'.
oh, monday are always blah. Just the start of another busybusy week that is my life.
I need to read more! As soon as I graduate!
sounds like a great book. i'll have to add it to my reads. i've heard of the castle too, but have not read it. gosh, i just have to many to read on my list. but that is okay, once it's on my list, i have to check it out.
thanks dear for the recommendation. im also looking for a new book to read. so will get this one asap!
xoxo,
andyquirks.blogspot.com
oh i might have to add this to my reading list! it made you tear up though? ahh i hate reading books that make me all weepy because it puts me in a sad mood the rest of the day. lol. but i'll see if they have this at the library!
<3
I haven't read this one yet, but it's on my "to-read" bookshelf :). If you haven't, I HIGHLY recommend Jeanette Walls A Glass Castle. It's about her life growing up. It's incredible.
Post a Comment
Everybody likes to be heard. I'm so happy you're taking the time to comment :) Make sure you leave a way for me to contact you back via email or blog! xox