Sunday, November 6, 2011

Starting Now...

Today I was driving Rana's car to Claremont. Bopping along to Boys, Boys, Boys. Patting myself for getting 6 connects even though we had no new iPhones in stock. Thinking fondly of last night's festivities (upcoming post) and the great times I've had with amazing friends lately. And I realised something. I was doing this all on my own.

Sure, being single is more expensive; I spend a crap load on fuel getting to places and have almost gone over my cap already due to being so sociable. I also haven't settled into a routine of eating proper dinners yet, cooking for one blows. Especially after a long day at work. And living at my parent's place sucks when I go into pretty shops with Miss Carlie and I see cute housey things.
But man does it have it's advantages... being able to hang said amazing people and just a general sense of freedom. I seem to have so much more time on my hands in the mornings and I love pottering around enjoying my own company. I seem to always have a smile on my face and I have ME to thank for it. I'm making a lot more effort in everything.

I haven't cried due to feeling lost and trapped and not comfy with where I am in life since we split. That's not to say I haven't cried, because I miss Craig a lot. I miss the company and I miss that way of life; living in Vic Park so close to everything and the independence. But that feeling hasn't taken over since the start of the week so I'm on the right track :)
I am eternally grateful to the people that have helped with their words, advice, ears and company. I'm going to be ok. <3

5 comments:

Marie Pech said...

:) Glad to hear it! I have been thinking of you and wondering how you've been holding up. Keeping busy and feeding your creative soul is the best way to live. Enjoy it all and keep that chin up! :) Hugs from NYC!

Rachel, Cold Knees said...

Yay glad to read such a positive post.. and in the end only you can make yourself truly happy :) xxx

summertime dreams said...

Aww yay! Glad to hear you're feeling better. Great time to relax and enjoy the start of summer :)

eleanor said...

I had been wondering how you are doing, and I'm so glad to read this post and hear you sounding so positive and happy! :)

Victoria said...

It sounds like me and you are in a similar situation at the moment, I've recently split up with my boyfriend and have the highs and lows that go with it, on the one hand it's lovely to be able to be spontaneous if a friend invites you out, on the other hand I'm always eating take-outs as I hate cooking for one. You seem to be doing really well anyway, but if you ever need to talk to someone in a similar situation I'm here xx

Post a Comment

Everybody likes to be heard. I'm so happy you're taking the time to comment :) Make sure you leave a way for me to contact you back via email or blog! xox