Sunday, November 13, 2011

Dear Diary...

Getting a bit like that isn't it?
I feel like I can't possibly write about anything until I've vented about all the crap going on in my head as of late.
Last Tuesday I kissed a boy. It was awkward. I don't want to take it any further. It just made me realise how easy Craig and I was. And it scared the crap out of me. Because I didn't (and don't) want to be back with Craig anytime soon, or those feelings to even re-develop. So I messaged Craig saying I couldn't be friends and continue on as normal straight away because I still loved him yada yada. I couldn't catch up with him the next day as we had planned. I needed space. He got angry, he got sad, I got unusually calm. That was that.

24 hours later he messages saying that his heart was broken. Can't live without me. Wanted to start over being friends and eventually fall back in love with me. And I am stunned. Numb. Knocked off my feet. I don't think this is what I want so I play it cool with "let's not talk about this over text or the phone".

I spend all day NOT thinking about him but then I'm driving home from dropping Nath off and I go past the turn off to my old home. I'm such a sucker. I message Craig saying we need to talk and we end up talking it out over the phone because I don't feel like I should have to make the effort to go back there and he doesn't want to come all the way up to see me at my parents.

Long and short of it. He's kissed Jo. His co-worker. More than once. He doesn't regret it. Or think it was a mistake. And he wouldn't take it back. This is all just what I can re-call. Because again, all I really remember is feeling numb. I ended up telling him about Tom because although I wasn't going to, I feel like honesty is the best policy. And all Craig said was he didn't need to know that. I shouldn't have told him.

So fuck knows where that leaves us. This is what I do know...
- I don't see myself being in a relationship with Craig for a very long time, yet I can still picture us growing old together.
- Neither of us is willing to give an inch on making the time to see eachother; me because I did that in the first month and all Craig did was lie about where we stood, one way or another. And Craig because he doesn't want to get hurt.
- I can't wrap my head around dating. But I'd like to. Starting with Mario Kart speed dating at 1UP. Stay tuned!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good lord that's messy. Take care of yourself first :)

(easier said than done, right?)

-april.

Allana said...

Eep, I agree with Mrs April - messy!
You know what though? I know I don't know him (or you really for that matter) but I do know boys and I don't think Craig deserves you or is right for you. Give yourself time to heal, you'll move on when you are ready. biggest hugs xxx

thegirlhassparke said...

I think you should really take some time to just be you and figure out what you really want. It sounds like the relationship isnt very healthy at the moment, so a little distance never hurts while you clear your head. Hope it all works out missy.

Post a Comment

Everybody likes to be heard. I'm so happy you're taking the time to comment :) Make sure you leave a way for me to contact you back via email or blog! xox