1. find a job. check!
2. find a full time job i love. check!
3. make a bosom friend. does craig count? we are so similar it's crazy, and good.
4. learn to sew. yeah, um working on that one.
5. work out my allergies/intolerances. see above answer, hehe :)
6. hold a dinner party. this really isn't my style. i'd like to do a potluck sometime this year.
7. win a game of real life scrabble against david. yeah, we didn't play enough scrabble to do so. think i'll scrap this one off the list altogether.
8. scrap; make time for it. enjoy it. wow, this one has really hasn't stuck. i've done one page this year. hmm. needs more work.
9. visit margaret river. i took a spontaneous trip with craig to dunsborough a few months ago. we had an absolute ball so it's close enough :)
10. get a library card. still to do.
11. buy an instant camera. i have instagram, hipstamatic and lemelemecam on the iphone, i don't think a polaroid camera is too necessary right now.
12. try zumba. ha! i actually did this. with david's mum and sister. it was too fast and too little a class and i dunno, i haven't been too keen to go back. but i did it! :D yay!
13. take an evening cooking class. this is still something i want to do.
14. watch an afl match live. this is happening next sunday! :DDD
15. have date nights. :) we've been to rifo's italian restaurant, sucker punch, darwin deez and the moon for late night dessert pizza, took a trip to dunsborough for the night, spent mornings browsing stores after hot imp drinks, caught the midnight screening of harry potter, had v burgers from the view in kings park, spent the day at the hillary's on a double date (double pts!) involving aquariums and chocolate restaurants and just recently headed to burger edge for the most delicious burger yet. this task was well and truly smashed in the last 3 months.
16. stop eating packaged sugary junk. well it's been cut down. i don't just purchase copious amounts of chocolate bars out of vending machines and in terms of junk; maccas and the like aren't really choices anymore... i'd call that a win.
17. try 1 new restaurant a month. yes and yes.
18. attend a costume party with a kick-arse handmade costume. i did attend an 80s themed party and i went so far as to crimp my hair so i'm giving this a tick.
19. create a space to let my creativity flow. still working on this one, along with the scrapping and stuffs.
20. make a tangible album documenting my last teen-year. this one's an epic fail. but i do have a wall mural going on documenting our love, so i feel okay about it :)
For something I never really gave any thought to due to massive life changed (who has time for a silly list?! :D), I actually achieved a lot this year. Tomorrow I turn twenty. No teen for me. Bit scared that I haven't 'done anything with my life' yet... Ah well it's all a work in progress.
New goals as of tomorrow!
11 comments:
Wow! Way to go. I'd say your list was a success. And I totally want to steal this 20 before 20 idea. So awesome.
I'm so late posting on this but I hope you had a great birthday! Seems like you've done really well with that list. Loads of fun stuff :)
I hope you had a great birthday sweetie!
Definitely DON'T beat yourself up about having not 'done anything with your life' yet... your 20! I'm 33 & still figuring it out! life isn't about the destination, it's about the journey. Have fun along the way x
Ebs I have missed your blog! I had fun catching up just now thought. Wow, your guy is a cuuuutie! But I did sneak a peak of him on your fb :P Miss you girly.
xoxoxox
~Sara
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
Woohoo! You've done so many things, can't wait to see what's on your new list! I really need to write one...
And yeah, totally don't worry about not "doing anything with your life". You're living your life! That's doing something!
Happy belated birthday!!!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! 20 is such a milestone, no longer a teen and marginally more responsible for your own actions haha! nonetheless, that list is rather well tackled, you should be proud of yourself :) ♥ Claire @ Jazzpad
Can't wait to see you ebs!
Started blogging again! You can see my Bellatrix out fit :D http://sailorgemstone.blogspot.com/
Crap! Missed your birthday!! Hope you had an amazing one!! Will buy you cake when you come down ;) Soon!
You achieved heaps on your list, well done. Amazing how much can change in such a short time. xx
Post a Comment
Everybody likes to be heard. I'm so happy you're taking the time to comment :) Make sure you leave a way for me to contact you back via email or blog! xox