Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Pancakes Day!


Last weekend was a long one and David was home for it! The best thing about Tuesday being my rdo is that when Monday's a public holiday I actually get a 3 day weekend :) I'm excited to see what that means around easter time. Anyway, last Tuesday was International Pancakes Day and our favourite foreshore restaurant was doing half price pancakes all day :DDD


We got a spot inside right near the massive open window, it was perfect. And so was the food! I got my pancakes for $5.50 so I also invested in a fruit salad to make up the difference. Oh man it was good and the pancakes serve was massive! David got french toast and bacon. It made me think of that time I attempted that dish... hehe. 


After our brekkie we stayed out - David had a stroll on the beach (pass on the sand for me thanks!) and then we did a spot of furniture browsing. Man it's expensive! We decided on the set we love and even though it's from one of the cheapest outlets it's still going to cost over 2 grand. *sigh* I wanna lay-by it but David wants it now, and of course he can afford it but I don't have the dosh for my half and don't wanna let him buy it all. It's only at times like these that we notice our age difference... he has a degree and a steady income. I'm just getting by with a retail job. Ah well, things will be different after next year, and I mean it could be worse. He's a great support. He just also loves to shop.

So yes, Steel Tree @ The Foreshore is amazing. It was just a really nice morning that turned into a really nice day. We're gonna make breakfast out and about our Tuesday tradition :)

13 comments:

Chaucee said...

Wow you got off for pancake day? That's awesome! I hope there's a waffle day coming up soon :D

Alex said...

I've had breakfast already but now I'm starving again! God, that food looks good. Going out for breakfast isn't something I ever really do but if I could find the right place it's definitely tempting!

Rachel, Cold Knees said...

That food looks amazing, I loooove pancakes. and that view! Wouldn't mind being there right about now (london= grey) xx

Sara said...

Ebs you look sp pretty! Oooh pancakes! I want some right now!

You and David are an amazing team, and you are very sweet and smart to consider everything when making a big purchase. :)

XOXOXOX

Catherine said...

lovely pictures:) you look very pretty dear xxx

eleanor said...

Mmm.. this sounds amazing! I don't even know how I missed pancake day.. wth, Eleanor?!? I love pancakes!!

I loved this post. You are looking so pretty and where you live sounds wonderful!

Belen said...

If you ever visit the US, I MUST take you to our Silver Dollar Pancake House. AMAZING pancakes and french toast for under 3 bucks. Seriously.

I had my first french toast in years just last week. :)

Anonymous said...

PANCAKKKESS. Now I'm hungry. Thanks a lot.

Lovers, Saints & Sailors said...

Man I don't even like pancakes...but those ones look pretty good to me!

Bummer about the couch and conflicting finances. What if he bought it and you paid him back your share weekly? We often do that. It's sort of like lay by only you get it right away! ;)

apparentlyjessy said...

Yummo, I love pancakes, you should make it a Tuesday morning tradition.
I am in awe of that beautiful beach photo, how could you resist that gorgeous blue water? Amazing, makes me want to visit WA again!

Kass DeBoer said...

aaah those pancakes look delicious.

xoox mama wolf.

m. said...

that breakfast looks amazing eb.

lovely, lovely, lovely.
xox

Unknown said...

Hi Lovely,

Missing your posts, hope you let us know how your are soon!! :)

I'd like to present you with One Lovely Blog award.

The requirements of accepting this award are as follows:

1. Link back to the blogger who gave you the award.
2. You have to tell seven facts about yourself that others might not know.
3. Pass the awards along to as many as fifteen blogs you have found recently.
4. Notify the bloggers of their awards.

You can find the award on my blog.

You truly are a LOVELY LOVELY blogger and totally deserve a little award like this.
x x
x x

Post a Comment

Everybody likes to be heard. I'm so happy you're taking the time to comment :) Make sure you leave a way for me to contact you back via email or blog! xox