
Yes I made it here ok! And although I've been by myself for a week because David had to go back to work, Perth has been fun. Meeting new people has been the highlight.

On Saturday I made a friend while walking... to Subiaco. From The Rydges. For those of you who aren't aware that's a 40 minute walk up hill. But I missed my bus and didn't wanna sit on my arse for an HOUR!? for the next one, so I decided to leg it. Boy, was I glad when I finally go to the top of Bargot Rd! As I was nearing my destination, I stepped into line behind a nice young chap named Ian and we got talking about his mate's Dad, (who's a geologist like my guy, hence the 'obscure' topic), his cool 6br house and flatmates that need to find a new one and how university isn't for everyone. We were having a lovely time but I didn't want to impose myself on his solo lunch date (although, maybe he wanted me too?) so when I saw the infamous Mr Sparrow shop I decided to ask him for lunch advice and we parted ways. I do hope I see Ian again.

Now, I wanted to show you in the guts of this b-eautiful little knick-knack store (my favourite kind of store) but the owner wasn't there to ask permission so I had to soak up all the wonderfulness myself (I left my ph number to hopefully gain permission in the near future,) and try to ignore the fact I was sweating something shocking.
So much for debuting my new vintage dress in style. When I wasn't worried about how I smelt (I don't think it was at all bad but you know how you get...) I was having to hold it down because the city is so damn windy. *sigh* Things aren't often all they're cracked up to be. Luckily, Mr Sparrow was better. It's so much more vibrant in person! Lots of yellow and green and hanging-from-the ceiling plants and even a running bath-filled water feature! I wanted near everything, but limited myself to some eggs pants for my boiled eggs and a few other bitties I can't share as they're xmas presents.


I sat down for lunch at Cafe Verro after a little wandering and meeting the lovely Isabelle of 'Lucy in Disguise' (charming little vintage shop with good quality and good prices, well worth a visit!) Quick service, gorgeous alfresco area and $15 got me this. I later realised Brie doesn't agree with me, (not much does at the moment,) but that still didn't take away from the amazing salmon and brie crepes I stomached. Ok it does a little, but it's not their fault.

After a few hours of exploring, (much of the time spent in bookshops, not much beats that new book smell) I decided it was time to plonk my bottom on a bus stop bench and patiently wait out for the next one to the cbd. But not before I stopped in at the New Norcia Bakery (conveniently placed right next to Mr Sparrow) and got myself a piece of banana and chocolate cake. I mean I deserved it after all that walking, right?

Boy was I glad to get back and just chill in the aircon. This is the view from my hotel window. Houses as far as I can see is a drastic change. I spent the afternoon peaking down at King Street watching not one, but two bridal parties getting photos... made me tear up a little. So much happening in the city.

So after all that, I am still alive, here's your after shot. Never again I tell ya... Ok, maybe again but in more appropriate attire :)
13 comments:
Ah, yay! I'm so glad you got there safe and this sounds so fun! Apart from the heat.. blah. I can't wait to hear more and see this vintage dress you speak of?! :)
Sounds like you are having a fun time adventuring in your new city!
Ah, so glad you got there safely! When do you move into the new house?
I like you.
And more power to you for walking uphill for 40 minutes. I get exhausted after a 4 minuted DDR match, so you've got me beat!
Yay! All of that sounds like so much fun--it's so great taking time to explore places and visit cute cute stores! Plus, that banana chocolate cake sounds absolutely amazing!! I may have to try and create something like that soon!
Yay - I am so exited for you hun! Good on you for geting out there, meeting new peeps and just enjoying it all. When do you move into your new place?
Glad you're enjoy Perth! That is a pretty impressive treck!! I've had to do that before when I missed my bus, and it normally ended in tears with my cursing Transperth. hehe. I'm very proud of you my dear!
Ooooo if you miss your bus again, I would totally recommend taking the CAT bus part way (as I recall the yellow CAT goes up to Thomas street?) - might save a bit of pain, well at least the worst part of that hill!! XOXO
Oh honey it's good to see a post from you again! I've missed reading them. How long until you're in your new house? I have all of your presents wrapped and ready to go, just need to tell Santa where to drop them ;)
I'm glad you're loving the new town. Hooray for adventures! I can't wait to hear more.
x
How excitingggggggg! :D You're finally there! All of those dreams have become a reality! That Ian guys sounds nice, what about your neighbours? Knock on for a cup of sugar or however you meet neighbours these days haha :) jazzy ♥
Man I'm jealous!! And I want to see your outfit haha!
I love new places! Can't wait till you move in and I can live vicariously through the blog!
<3 Lauren
I love the photos, sounds like you had quite a time trekking around the city. I like to do things like that by myself once in awhile, it's always a bit refreshing.
Hi Ebony! I love your blog! I'm so glad you liked Mr Sparrow - sorry about the photos but like I said on the phone, feel free to come back any time to take some :)
http://mrsparrowblog.blogspot.com/
it seemed fun! please tell us more about your adventures! :>
Post a Comment
Everybody likes to be heard. I'm so happy you're taking the time to comment :) Make sure you leave a way for me to contact you back via email or blog! xox