This morning I drove David to the airport and although I took a minor wrong turn, made it back all on my onesie! I felt mighty impressed with myself :p My reward was more sleep and Nonna's lasagne for breakfast. Now I have 8 sleeps until my other half gets back and I have a feeling it is just going to fly by, as I'm going to be mega busy getting organised for... Christmas Lunch! Yep! We're hosting at our new house and I can't wait to 1) wow the family with my desserts and 2) share my day with you all too. I don't really know what people do on Christmas Day besides eat, so do share any ideas for keeping the kids entertained etc.

I can't wait for David to open his presents and find out what mine are. I haven't had a surprise pressie at Christmas in the longest time. The tree is 99% done, I just need to print out my fave photos of 2010 in mini-form and peg them on, so I might attempt to choose and head on down to Kmart today... while I'm there I will also pop in at the post office to mail the front 3 to a special someone :)


My outfits lately have been pretty uninspired. It's been SO windy here that a tee and shorts are pretty much the uniform. Mix that with the amount of fast food we have consumed because unpacking endless boxes is so tiring and you have yourself a girl who doesn't want to dress up. Speaking of comfortable... the kitties finally are. (awesome segue Ebs!) They hated the plane and Mischa had lost her voice when we picked her up from the depot... poor thing was probably fretting the ENTIRE time. They were more than a little spooked after the week in the cattery (the owner said Mischa made friends but Tibby was her shy lil self). Now they've settled in it's like we've been here forever, this place feels like home and here's our first sun-squint 'sitting on top of the mailbox' photo...*happy sigh*


13 comments:
I'm so glad to hear you've made the move to Perth safely and smoothly Ebony! From the photos on your blog it's a lovely city, I've only visited once when I was 8, and don't remember much!
I'm very impressed with your gift wrapping skills, the pressies under the tree look great!
Hosting Christmas lunch IS hard work, but ultimately it's worth it when you see smiles on your families faces when they are rubbing their full bellies!!
I hosted Christmas lunch last year, and am kinda glad not to be doing it again for this year. By the time you open gifts and have a few drinks, people are ready for lunch, then after the big feast my family like to sit around the lounge, talking, and perhaps have a little siesta! Then it's time for 'dinner' round two on all the leftovers!!
You know what song cheers me up when I'm looking for a job? "Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now" by The Smiths. haha. It makes me happy I'm atleast not working a job I hate (which I totally am... *le sigh*)
Those presents look EPICLY AMAZING. I am jealous of your Christmas.
-April
First Christmas at your new place! :) may it be the happy first of many. Your wrapping skills, are enviable, has David dropped any hints about what he's got you?? jazzy ♥
Awww glad the kitties are safe and sound! I think any cat would be seriously freaked out after a plane journey! Your tree and the pressies look magical :) xx
omg yes your wrapping skills are awesome! have you checked out any thrift shop in Oz yet? do show us :B
ahhh i loooove christmas. :)
Those presents are wrapped beautifully!!
Good on you for hosting chrissie i think i would be too scared, all we do is eat, unwrap presents and swim in the pool - having a pool is a bonus for entertainment.
Aw, love the Christmas photos! You could definitely keep them entertained by watching Christmas movies...it works for me!
That's me! That's me! I'm the special someone!
YAY!
Honey they look gorgeous!
I did brown paper and silver last year (I love brown paper). This year I've gone for black paper with a black and white print band and red ribbon. It's all very...sophisticated ;) hehe
I'm so glad everyone is settling in. It always takes a bit but once it happens it's just great!
I hope you'll have a chance to blog more now. I miss your posts.
x
Aw, yay! I'm so glad you're settling in and that you and your little family have found some happiness!! Those poor kitties! I can't imagine how mine would react to a plane ride--they don't even like going in the car! Congrats on finding your way around town, though! It's so exciting to explore new places, but can definitely be scary when going solo! Luckily, David will be home soon and you can all have a sweet Christmas celebration with your family!
first, adorable wrapping job. jeez. so cute.
second, realizing you moved makes me a littttttle worried about if the postcard i sent will ever find you. i seriously hope it does, maybe it will be a small christmas miracle!
I hope that you find a job soon ebs and I am excited for your xmas party!!! Your tree and present wrapping skills are awesome :)
XOXOX
~Sara
It's so great to hear you are settling in, Ebony!! All your presents look amazing.
X
Post a Comment
Everybody likes to be heard. I'm so happy you're taking the time to comment :) Make sure you leave a way for me to contact you back via email or blog! xox