So here's the first. My weekend. Was busy. And awesome. Busy awesome crazy fun.
Friday night I went to DJ's 21st at The Breakwater. It was so damn fun there was no time for photos. It was great to catch up with old friends and celebrate a great friend's birthday. Seriously, this guy. He helped me move my bed into my parent's house on his birthday. I had no idea until we were in the van driving down that morning that he was willing to give up 3 hours of his day for little old me. I'm planning on getting him a slushy machine for his birthday when I find one that's adequate. I don't want one that just crushes ice if you have it on hand. Ridiculous. Anyway yes, back to the point. Highlight of the night was meeting one Miss Rachel Jones. We became fast friends with talk of old email addresses and our mutual love of Missy Higgins. We attempted a San Churro's trip around the 'block' but the lady behind the counter told us they were closed. Devastated as the door was open and we sprinted the last 10 metres when we saw it. Haha. I can't wait for more nights like this one with DJ & co. They all live right near me!
Saturday at work was a surprisingly good day. My boss knows I get down and overwhelmed on Saturday usually so he caught me early and told me to get my Monday on. $18,000 or something later, I couldn't believe how well that philosophy works. And yes, it's a little weird that Monday's are my favourite (and best sales) days at work. If I thought at the time the day couldn't get any better, I totally eat my own thoughts. Ha. Yeah, it's hot and I'm melting here, brain included.
Point being, LAST NIGHT WAS AMAZING. It was a 50s party for a lovely lady's 21st. That lovely lady was Karen. I didn't know Karen, but I did know Mark. And it was destiny that he should ask me to go along. (when I found out the theme I was hoping he would!) Here's the only photo I got of us (again, little photos, lots of fun!) Doesn't he look dapper?

I spent most of the evening on a couch talking to wonderful people about everything from reality tv to the legalisation of mary jane. And when I wasn't, I was stuffing my face with cider, boiled egg thingys and Karen's amazing little lemon meringuey things! :D Seriously scrummy. The end of the night left me with an overwhelming sense that this was all meant to happen; I never would have never met these wonderful people if things weren't as they were. And that is definitely making this easy for me, getting over the breakup. I also left Karen and Ben's house that night with a handful of new best friends. We're going to have copious amounts of dinner parties! I can see it now. Quote of the evening: "Ebony, you are definitely getting an invite to my party on your own, wait, Mark can be your +1" - Karen. I love this girl. And these goodies. The Retro Cookbook by Women's Weekly is number one on my xmas list.

So today, after a cramp-filled sleep (my stupid calf decided to seize up!) at Mark's house we went for breakfast at The Imp. Despite the fact the owner told me to take a copy of the menu home at my own risk (and something about breaking my face. Weird sense of humour. He said it with the straightest of faces!) it was freaking delightful. I got waffles with lavender syrup and a side of eggs (what can I say? I felt like savoury and sweet) and they were jaw-dropping good. After re-fuelling we took a walk to Crow Books and I picked up some Perth guides, 'Just My Type' by Simon Garfield and The Goddess Guide. Nothing like a good book hunt (totally inspired by Karen's library!)

I said goodbye to Mark and then drove home just in time to be picked up by my new friend Beau! Beau was my personal trainer at first, and lately we've been doing more eating than training together. We're gonna find a balance this upcoming week and get back into the gym :) Anyway, today we'd agreed that he was gonna surprise me with a day out. In the past I've told people I don't like surprises, when really they're my favourite. Was good to be able to finally say this to someone, and recieve one! We took the ferry from the city to South Perth and headed to the zoo! I'd never been to the zoo in Perth before. In fact I hadn't been to a zoo since I was 6 or 7, so it was the perfect day out.


We pottered about and saw the tiniest marsupials, gorgeous orangutans and an asian elephant going to the toilet. We had a lunch of quiche, chips, sushi and slushies in a clearing. We were disappointed that only kids were allowed on the carousel, (seriously, what gives) and before we knew nearly 4 hours had passed and our parking would have expired! We hopped back on the ferry and hallelujah! no ticket! Which put us in a high spirits again so we blasted Ball Park Music and drove to Hillarys Boat Harbour to finish the avo with San Churros sundaes! They will definitely be my treat of choice from now on. It was such a magical day; I have the best friends.

And yes that is some brand new style and colour I'm rocking lately. A change is as good as a holiday right? :) Well congrats if you got this far. I'm not sorry for the novel though, I had to gush it all before y short term memory fails me. Haha. It's really not that bad being 'Just Ebs'. In fact, I might change my blog name to reflect this new freedom. Thoughts?
8 comments:
Oh honey, I'm so glad you're having such a wonderful time and meeting all these amazing people!
I'm laid up in bed right now with some silly flu/bug thing. MEAN! But it was nice to live vicariously through your weekend. Hehe.
x
Yay! I'm glad you want to blog more, I have been following your blog for a long time and I still love reading your posts (even if I am a silent/stalkery kinda reader) haha :)
gah, i love your hair cut. :D i esp love your style in the photo above the carousel. it's so free and child-like. <3
and fun fact: i renew my passport next year. my goal is to hopefully go somewhere immediately.. that 'somewhere' being australia and new zealand to visit my cousins!
Just found your blog through Belen's--you're adorable. :) I loved hearing about your weekend & seeing all your cute pics. I'm looking forward to reading more!
Awh, this post made me smile. :) I love that you think of me every time you go into kikki.K, haha! Do you love your 365 or what?!
I'm happy that you are having so much fun (your friends sound great), and that you're doing so well in your job. Retail is hard so you should be pretty damn proud of yourself! I prefer Mondays, too :)
PS. I forgot to say how cute your haircut and dress are! Love!
It looks like you are having heaps of fun meeting new people and trying new things - yay for change xx
I love your dress! great blog...
xx
deni
Post a Comment
Everybody likes to be heard. I'm so happy you're taking the time to comment :) Make sure you leave a way for me to contact you back via email or blog! xox